Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State 2022 Recruiting

38 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Hawaii fans will know more about this kid but his offer list was impressive.  Kaeo Akana; 6'3" 205 LB from Hawaii commits to Avalos and company today.

Huge get.  Offers from Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Washington State, Oregon State, Nebraska, Illinois, Minnesota, and an Ivy.

Oh also some small time schools like SDSU and UNLV.

23.5 sacks his sophomore year.

And another Hawaiian,  this one more of a stretch but with some ridiculous upside and that's a commit from 16 yr old Jr Keenan McCaddy. Supposedly 6'4" and a skinny 180 with a 6'6" wingspan and 9 1/2" hands with a lot of growth left.  He's a 'safety/wr' as of today but who knows how big he gets.  He's a camper they took a long look at supposedly. 

'

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I really like this one.  If was in California or Texas he would have offers from across the country.

Location, plus level of competition is a pretty big deal and makes it harder to judge.  This dude's highlight video looks like what you'd expect with a D1 player versus a bunch of 170 pound defensive linemen.

Jal actually isn't too far from Texas Tech, but their school is pretty tiny compared to the nearby Odessa/Midland ones.

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Location, plus level of competition is a pretty big deal and makes it harder to judge.  This dude's highlight video looks like what you'd expect with a D1 player versus a bunch of 170 pound defensive linemen.

Jal actually isn't too far from Texas Tech, but their school is pretty tiny compared to the nearby Odessa/Midland ones.

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/Standouts-from-Trench-Warfare-Trench-Bullies-OLDL-camp-159553984/

Check out this write up on one of his camp performances.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nice!

I’ve been to a ton of camps over the years and I can’t recall a more dominant performance from one single offensive lineman.

That's from a TCU writer at a camp with at least five P5 defensive ends he's competing against.

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Any word on Caden Kitler? It’s the only player that both BSU and UCF are recruiting, apparently he’s committing this week some time.  What are you all seeing with him? I guess he currently plays OG but we’re recruiting him for C apparently.

Tomorrow at noon. Boise vs. UCF are his final two.

No soft shelled crabs here so if that's his motivator we're out.  But he could go rocky mountain oysters here. 

I haven't heard a peep out of his recruiting on this end.   Hard to see him here unless the staff and everyone else has been perfect on keeping it quiet.

5 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Any word on Caden Kitler? It’s the only player that both BSU and UCF are recruiting, apparently he’s committing this week some time.  What are you all seeing with him? I guess he currently plays OG but we’re recruiting him for C apparently.

Nothing on our end, not expecting him to be a Bronco.

On 6/20/2021 at 10:24 AM, roughrider said:

Hawaii fans will know more about this kid but his offer list was impressive.  Kaeo Akana; 6'3" 205 LB from Hawaii commits to Avalos and company today.

Other than Roosevelt competing in the lowest division in the state, he is legit 

Related image

Recruits and coaches are cut from the same cloth. Their word means nothing.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.