Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State 2022 Recruiting

On 6/22/2022 at 5:32 PM, badfish said:

He’s fast for sure. Looks like Dubar ran a 10.60 while SDSU RB Jordan Byrd ran a 10.47 (NM state title) and RB Kenan Christon ran a 10.30 (CA state title) and a 10.39 at USC after bulking up. MWC definitely has some speed.

Damn 10.26 with +2.6 wind for Christon. That’s fast. 

On 6/22/2022 at 5:34 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Haha I was literally just responding to you.

The RB just got his rating today, 24/7 has him close to a 4 star and our highest rated recruit.  I would bet he gets a 4th star sometime during the season.

https://247sports.com/player/jambres-dubar-46103142/

The WR is expected to be the #1 or #2 WR on one of the biggest powerhouses in the nation, so likely will end up a high 3 star guy at worst.

These two recruits are not reaches and might be the hardest ones to hold onto this year, and two of the highest rated in the conference when it is said and done.

That’s a huge jump from NR to 88, especially with only Utah and LT offers, but proves me wrong. 

On 6/22/2022 at 11:49 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Damn 10.26 with +2.6 wind for Christon. That’s fast. 

Yea he’s “bulked” up since he hasn’t been playing for over a year. Once he’s in shape we’ll see how he looks, but I’m not expecting to see the same guy that played as a TRFR at USC.

On 6/23/2022 at 12:36 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

Is 24/7 lagging this year? Or does it just seem to be the case?

On 6/23/2022 at 10:49 AM, kingpotato said:

That's what I was thinking. A lot of not rated players it there.

Yeah, tons of players with double digit offers without a ranking.  If I had to guess, they cut staffing during the pandemic and have not ramped back up yet.

On 8/3/2022 at 2:48 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Last minute steal from USU portal. Brother plays MLB for Boise. Elelyon was #2 RB for Aggies last year.

That is a huge pick up. With the late departs of Smith and Tyler, the depth at RB was a big concern. To get a starting quality guy to play #3 is big.