Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State 2022 Recruiting

(mostly local) Walkons announced today...

RB Ethan Mikita, 5-9, 199, Eagle

Tore his ACL on 2nd carry of the year. 

LB Seth Knothe, 6-0, 188, Bishop Kelly

Recruited to play LB but led Idaho 4A in rushing last year.

RB Taylor Marcum, 6-1, 185, Timberline

Had full-ride offer to Montana State. Led 5A in rushing as a sophomore.

WR Hunter Steacker, 6-0, 169, Rocky Mountain

Played QB/WR/KR, fast and elusive, 5A SIC division OPOY.

Edge/long snapper Mason Jacobsen, 6-2, 225, Rocky Mountain

5A SIC division DPOY.

OL Austin Schultsmeier, 6-2, 257, Mountain View

1st team All-Idaho guard.

K Wyatt Redding, 6-0, 184, Sumner (Washington) High

Kicked a 54 yarder in a game with room to spare.

Boise State adds a late (replacement) signee for the 2022 class.  Apparently to replace the J.C. o-lineman they signed last month (or so) who de-committed and then signed with Iowa State, i.e., Oluwafunto Akinshilo.

Rick More - OT - 6' 6" 290 lbs from the College of San Mateo.

https://broncosports.com/news/2022/6/14/football-broncos-add-junior-college-offensive-lineman.aspx

Moore was listed on the 2021 College of San Mateo football roster as a Freshman.  Meaning he will be a Sophomore for 2022.

https://collegeofsanmateo.edu/football/team/

YouTube video highlights of Rick/Ricky Moore # 76.  This video is from his 2020 Senior year of H.S. playing days at Los Gatos H.S. in Los Gatos, CA. 

In this High School video he clearly played offensive tackle on offense and defensive end on defense.

On 6/14/2022 at 1:17 PM, Bronco7454 said:

Boise State adds a late (replacement) signee for the 2022 class.  Apparently to replace the J.C. o-lineman they signed last month (or so) who de-committed and then signed with Iowa State, i.e., Oluwafunto Akinshilo.

Rick Moore - OT - 6' 6" 290 lbs from the College of San Mateo.

I’m wondering if these were both PWO type of offers. Akinshilo committed but didn’t sign on signing day. And Moore has committed but also hasn’t signed an NLI.

Looks taller than 6’6” to me. If on scholarship then there is still going to be some culling before fall camp.

On 6/14/2022 at 7:07 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

I’m wondering if these were both PWO type of offers. Akinshilo committed but didn’t sign on signing day. And Moore has committed but also hasn’t signed an NLI.

Looks taller than 6’6” to me. If on scholarship then there is still going to be some culling before fall camp.

When an athlete is given a "financial aid" package that is a scholarship.  And the stories on both of these two mentioned that they had signed a "financial aid" agreement with Boise State.  The first guy never signed a Letter of Intent however - which is why he could later renege on his verbal agreement and sign with Iowa State after agreeing to the financial aid agreement.

From the story on Rick Moore from yesterday on BroncoSports.com:

"Offensive lineman Rick Moore signed a valid financial aid agreement and will join the Broncos for the 2022 season"

Having said that tho the number of scholarship players - by my count at this point - including Rick Moore - is 88 scholarship players for Boise State for 2022 (including the 11 players who are scheduled to join the team this fall).  So there will either be three players leaving the program by the time fall camp begins at Boise State OR three of the eleven who are scheduled to be joining the team this fall will be grey-shirting OR some combination of both.   Frankly when I look at the roster I can see five and maybe six guys on the current roster who have been at Boise State for at least two years who have been - to date - guys who have done nothing or at best very little.   I won't name names but I could easily see three of these five or six guys leaving the program in the next month or so.

Added a WR today

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jackson-Grier-158157/RecruitInterests/

Had no other offers. The RB had mostly FCS offers. It's still early, but so far this is looking like a modest class. Boise is high on the list of quite a few high end recruits. Let's hope they land a few of those.

I feel like your guys’ bottom end has dropped significantly the past couple classes. You’ll still close with high 3 and maybe a couple 4 stars, but not used to seeing Boise add guys like this.

On 6/21/2022 at 11:47 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jambres-Dubar-140933/RecruitInterests

No stars or big-time offers on 247. Did run a 10.6 in the 100m this spring as a junior, so speed is not a problem.

Had an offer from the reigning Pac 12 champs.

On 6/22/2022 at 1:02 PM, badfish said:

I feel like your guys’ bottom end has dropped significantly the past couple classes. You’ll still close with high 3 and maybe a couple 4 stars, but not used to seeing Boise add guys like this.

Signed three 4* recruits last year.  Average recruit ranking of 84.5 is about as high as we have ever been outside of the "best G5 class of all time" which was actually one of our worst ever, as 11 of the top 14 never played a down.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:00 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Signed three 4* recruits last year.  Average recruit ranking of 84.5 is about as high as we have ever been outside of the "best G5 class of all time" which was actually one of our worst ever, as 11 of the top 14 never played a down.

I have no doubt you’ll finish strong, I’m just pointing out you guys have added more head scratchers than in the past. Every team has em.

On 6/22/2022 at 3:46 PM, badfish said:

I have no doubt you’ll finish strong, I’m just pointing out you guys have added more head scratchers than in the past. Every team has em.

Maybe.  Hard to say.  No clue on the WR but I would not be shocked if the RB ends up a 4 star.  He would be the fastest player in the MWC if he played this season.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:14 PM, kingpotato said:

Added a WR today

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jackson-Grier-158157/RecruitInterests/

Had no other offers. The RB had mostly FCS offers. It's still early, but so far this is looking like a modest class. Boise is high on the list of quite a few high end recruits. Let's hope they land a few of those.

Not sure how big time the Texas HS is for our RB commit (who I really like on film) but Greire (sp?) plays at St Thomas Aquinas HS and there aren't many bigger NFL factory HS's.  He was a Jr. behind 2 P5 4 and 5 star wideout recruits.  He gets his playing time his senior season and rumors are he's going to blow up and it will be another challenge for the Broncos to hang on to an early commit.   Insiders in Florida HS football call him a steal for Boise.  Size suggests he must be quicksilver with hands the size of catcher's mitts.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:49 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Maybe.  Hard to say.  No clue on the WR but I would not be shocked if the RB ends up a 4 star.  He would be the fastest player in the MWC if he played this season.

He’s fast for sure. Looks like Dubar ran a 10.60 while SDSU RB Jordan Byrd ran a 10.47 (NM state title) and RB Kenan Christon ran a 10.30 (CA state title) and a 10.39 at USC after bulking up. MWC definitely has some speed.

On 6/22/2022 at 6:32 PM, badfish said:

He’s fast for sure. Looks like Dubar ran a 10.60 while SDSU RB Jordan Byrd ran a 10.47 (NM state title) and RB Kenan Christon ran a 10.30 (CA state title) and a 10.39 at USC after bulking up. MWC definitely has some speed.

Haha I was literally just responding to you.

The RB just got his rating today, 24/7 has him close to a 4 star and our highest rated recruit.  I would bet he gets a 4th star sometime during the season.

https://247sports.com/player/jambres-dubar-46103142/

The WR is expected to be the #1 or #2 WR on one of the biggest powerhouses in the nation, so likely will end up a high 3 star guy at worst.

These two recruits are not reaches and might be the hardest ones to hold onto this year, and two of the highest rated in the conference when it is said and done.