Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

He decommitted from us like 2 weeks ago, this wasn't a surprise. 

Not a surprise that he didn’t sign with Boise. But weird IMO that he never committed to Utah. Almost seemed to be using them as a backup offer as well because he didn’t tweet any Utah stuff until signing today.

8 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

AVB just entered the transfer portal. A shame really, he was so good in redzone situations.

That’s because they almost only gave it to him inside the 5 yard line and he averaged about 2.5 yards per carry. He has absolutely no vision whatsoever and for someone so big, got knocked down so easily. He’s not a good running back at all. Nothing personal against the guy, he just will not be missed whatsoever.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:15 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

That’s because they almost only gave it to him inside the 5 yard line and he averaged about 2.5 yards per carry. He has absolutely no vision whatsoever and for someone so big, got knocked down so easily. He’s not a good running back at all. Nothing personal against the guy, he just will not be missed whatsoever.

I'm not into disparaging BSU players, but I basically agree with this. It has been obvious to me since early last season that AVB is very limited in what he brings to the table as a RB. After having essentially a two decade long run of explosive, dynamic, NFL caliber running backs at BSU, watching AVB miss holes and plod forward in his upright style for 2 or 3 yards per carry drove me crazy...because I know Holani would have turned a bunch of those same runs into 5-10+ yard gains.

I wish AVB the best where ever he lands, but I honestly think our offense improves with him not taking carries from the other RB's.

I decided to put this in here as it didn't really feel like main board material. But AA really upgraded the staff after losing two coaches. Bonapha as the RBs coach is a huge upgrade over a first year guy that didn't even play on that side of the ball at Boise State. He's out a lot of RBs into the league. Now it's rumored that CO-DC, Specially Teams Coordinator, and LBs coach at Virginia is coming in. He has a great reputation for developing LBs and has a ton of young and inexperienced guys in the stable. I think both are home run hires. 

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I decided to put this in here as it didn't really feel like main board material. But AA really upgraded the staff after losing two coaches. Bonapha as the RBs coach is a huge upgrade over a first year guy that didn't even play on that side of the ball at Boise State. He's out a lot of RBs into the league. Now it's rumored that CO-DC, Specially Teams Coordinator, and LBs coach at Virginia is coming in. He has a great reputation for developing LBs and has a ton of young and inexperienced guys in the stable. I think both are home run hires. 

I hear Tim Duryea has a son that coaches football. You should hire him too. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:51 PM, kingpotato said:

Excited to see who we bring in to coach CB's.  

On 1/6/2022 at 2:51 PM, kingpotato said:

Agree 100%,  The chicken littles are in a panic.  As if it is a sign of Avalos' incompetence. 

19 hours ago, roughrider said:

Agree 100%,  The chicken littles are in a panic.  As if it is a sign of Avalos' incompetence. 

The Bronco board is so unreadable. It's a bunch of people looking for any reason to get their panties in a bunch. 

On 12/19/2021 at 5:04 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So, 24/7's own rankings, (not the composite BS that includes garbage like Rivals and ESPN)  has Boise's average star rating far, far and away the highest in the MWC and third in the G5.  Not bad.

Where do you find the non composite rankings. I hate the composite rankings.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

The Bronco board is so unreadable. It's a bunch of people looking for any reason to get their panties in a bunch. 

The culture here is soooo much healthier.  I lost my patience on BC when HoustonDixie was allowed free reign to be an abusive dick but if anybody gave it back to him, just a little, threads were started about forum decorum.  He and a few others can post any nonsense they want, including personal insults but if you dare give it back or call them out, than dad needs to step in.  It is not fair and even moderating.  We do fair and even moderating here, and when on the rare occasion it is needed , the moderating team looks at as a collective failure for not self moderating. 

BC has a problem in their lack of consistency.  A poster like HoustonDixie can shit post and insult people constantly, make political posts or veiled political statements and nothing is done.  But when it gets into a back and forth, only then does moderation happen.  

There is a reason why BC is dead and this board thrives.  We have it figured out over here.  Yeah you might be insulted sometimes here.  Big whoop give your balls a tug.  

And the Boise State sports talk here is so much  better because when somebody says something stupid, we are allowed to tell them they are being stupid and clap back, if they clap back and insult you for not respecting their opinion, we can rip em in half and laugh at them with out dad saying clam down.  Self moderation.  

6 hours ago, Dirtball said:

Once you're on the rankings page, delete "composite" from the URL.

You'll start with...https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Delete it and you get...

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TeamRankings/

Thanks. Unless im.missing something' doesnt  isnt  boise leading conference "by far, far " seem a little strong?

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

8 hours ago, Dirtball said:

composite ratings are dogshit because of rivals' laziness but 247 bigwigs love them even though their rank and file analysts hate them.  Used to be you could toggle between the two but they went all in on composite about 3-4 years ago and now the only way to get to it is URL editing.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:11 PM, roughrider said:

I'm not a chicken little, even though Rafter called me such after posting the news of Mandel leaving.

I do think there is some competitiveness behind the scenes that we aren't seeing.  The two departures seemed more forced than by choice IMO.  Dudes don't normally leave 6-figure jobs to spend more time with family and then have their position replaced by an upgrade immediately.

There's no question Bhonapha and Poppinga are upgrades. And given Jeron had zero coaching experience, his replacement probably will be too.  Mandel had a low-paid director of recruiting position, but I don't think managing the database of recruits and everything else that goes into that position is necessarily easily replaceable.