Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State 2022 Recruiting

On 12/7/2021 at 10:42 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

Jeanty with 2646 yards and 41 touchdowns in a single season. Crazy.

I sure hope he ends up here. Boise could use a big play RB, especially with Holani apparently being made of glass. 

Also, Boise State's top recruit, Kaeo Akana, is now being crystal balled to Utah. That's not good news.

Sounds like it is between Boise, Utah, and SDSU for Weber St DE transfer George Tarlas.  He's supposed to make his decision this week.  My money is on Boise since he graduated from HS there.  Would be a good get.

A.  It's great that Boise State got a commitment from Misa five days before the early signing period

B.  Misa is the FIFTH linebacker to commit to Boise State in this recruiting class.  Exactly how many LINEBACKERS do they need to sign this year?

I know Avalos is a former linebacker but seriously................why so many linebackers in this recruiting class?   With the departure of QB Jack Sears I would think they would want to bring in a QB from the transfer portal such as 4 Star rated QB Clay Millen who just entered the transfer portal from Nevada (who will be a RS Freshman next fall).

18 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

A.  It's great that Boise State got a commitment from Misa five days before the early signing period

B.  Misa is the FIFTH linebacker to commit to Boise State in this recruiting class.  Exactly how many LINEBACKERS do they need to sign this year?

I know Avalos is a former linebacker but seriously................why so many linebackers in this recruiting class?   With the departure of QB Jack Sears I would think they would want to bring in a QB from the transfer portal such as 4 Star rated QB Clay Millen who just entered the transfer portal from Nevada (who will be a RS Freshman next fall).

Akana was not recruited as a LB, but an Edge, and is going to decommit here shortly.  Virgin was recruited as an edge as well, not one of the two LB spots.  Edge is a huge position of need.

So, that leaves us with 3 LB commits.  It's a clear position of need.  

31 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Akana was not recruited as a LB, but an Edge, and is going to decommit here shortly.  Virgin was recruited as an edge as well, not one of the two LB spots.  Edge is a huge position of need.

So, that leaves us with 3 LB commits.  It's a clear position of need. 

Similar deal with last years class.

5 LBs signed but the only dudes who saw action were a walkon and the lowest rated LB.  Were the others recruiting misses?  Or injuries? Or just not ready yet? As high as some of these dudes were rated it was surprising more of them didn't get snaps.

Notaraini (WLB) played in 1 game

Simpson (WLB) DNP

Jones (MLB) DNP

Tatum (MLB) DNP

Tanner (walkon MLB) played in 1 game

Wilborn (EDGE) DNP

3 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Similar deal with last years class.

5 LBs signed but the only dudes who saw action were a walkon and the lowest rated LB.  Were the others recruiting misses?  Or injuries? Or just not ready yet? As high as some of these dudes were rated it was surprising more of them didn't get snaps.

Notaraini (WLB) played in 1 game

Simpson (WLB) DNP

Jones (MLB) DNP

Tatum (MLB) DNP

Tanner (walkon MLB) played in 1 game

Wilborn (EDGE) DNP

I remember hearing from somebody in passing (guy who would know) that there were some injuries in the LB depth but that Notaraini was the most impressive of the young bunch in his preparation and game day readiness.  I think Tatum is the most athletic of the bunch, not sure if he was one of those injured.  

6 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Huge pickup at a position of need. I assume he'll play right away. 

https://247sports.com/player/dishawn-misa-46058250/

Shane Irwin going to lose the battle for coolest haircut on the team as well. Misa has some Polamalu-esque locks.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4097838/5dbf38a1f31c840d6c415c9b

3 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

Because it's Avalos I suggest that the redshirts didn't impress him enough.  He's all in for LB's in this class because he believes they are the heart of his D and he wants at least 2-3 studs to lead this D.   I love it.

2 hours ago, roughrider said:

Because it's Avalos I suggest that the redshirts didn't impress him enough.  He's all in for LB's in this class because he believes they are the heart of his D and he wants at least 2-3 studs to lead this D.   I love it.

Boise State has 10 LBs on the roster, and are going to lose 3 guys this year. The remaining roster is YOUNG.  Outside of DJ Schramm and Brandon Hawkins, there will be nothing but True Freshmen and RS Freshmen...need to throw as many players at the problem and see who steps up.

Dishawn Misa       Incoming                 .8991
Kaeo Akana          Incoming                 .8788   (Crystal Ball to Utah)
Jayden Virgin       Incoming                 .8558
Jake Ripp              Incoming                .8328
Gavin Hambrick   Incoming                .8294
----------------------------------------------
Jai Jones                FR>RS FR              .8675
Marco Notarainni  FR>RS FR               .8431
Andrew Simpson  FR>RS FR                .8551
Ty Tanner               FR>RS FR                NR PWO
Rejhan Tatum        FR>RS FR               .8573
Brandon Hawkins  RS JR>RS SR        .8439
DJ Schramm          RS JR>RS SR         .8255
----------------------------------------------
Ezekiel Noa           RS SR> Graduate   .8481
Riley Whimpey      5th SR>Graduate   .8032
Tyler Visser            RS SR>Graduate    NR Transfer Sierra College

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Beresford Bros commit to Boise.  Elder bro was an O-line starter for Washington State.  Younger a TF LB.  Both positions of need.  Elder has two years left to play (3 with COVID?).

I was just getting ready to post this. Big, big gets. Both are areas of immediate need. 

https://www.bronconationnews.com/broncos-get-commitments-from-washington-state-transfers-brothers-cade-and-jack-beresford/