Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State 2022 Recruiting

On 7/6/2021 at 7:08 PM, bsu_alum9 said:
QB. Not really highly rated (undersized) and may be a LDS mission type of guy.

Quick and put up video game stats.

And...a halfman-type-of-guy

This time last year, Madsen had only garnered interest from Dixie State and a few Ivy League schools

https://bvmsports.com/2021/07/08/american-forks-maddux-madsen-finds-home-in-boise-state/

Any concern for Avalos’ recruiting? Not the typical Boise class so far and these last two guys are borderline FBS (hope they prove me wrong, but the offers aren’t there).

1 hour ago, badfish said:

Any concern for Avalos’ recruiting? Not the typical Boise class so far and these last two guys are borderline FBS (hope they prove me wrong, but the offers aren’t there).

It does seem to be different from the last regime. There do seem to be more "under-the-radar" guys which could also be called "borderline FBS". But technically, the average rating in this class so far is only below two other Boise classes. We'll have to see it play out, but some of these, seemingly, FCS+ caliber guys aren't being offered out of desperation, they are offered months and months before signing day. 

I think like any new coach hire, there is optimism and belief. Avery Williams, Leighton Vander Esch, and the long list of others that had no offers and were All Conference/NFL guys. Hopefully they (staff) are very good talent evaluators. If not, they do have star power at the top. The top 10-15 recruits, so far, in the MW classes are dominated by Boise commits. We really won't know what to think of these few under rated guys for 3 or 4 years, likely. 

21 hours ago, badfish said:

They definitely have to rely more on in-person evaluations than in years past.  The WR commit from Hawai'i hasn't played in a varsity full-contact game yet. Was offered due to 7-on-7 skills and his time at Boise State's camp. Things are definitely different this year.

It is interesting that Gavin Hambrick attended the UNLV camp and only got an offer from the NAU coaches in attendance. He does appear to have FBS measureables, but looks like he plays in a smaller league. Avalos is from the Corona area so I'm sure personal relationships have a lot to do with this one as well.

Jake Ripp had an SJSU offer and his highlight video looks FBS quality to me.

If the coaches can snag a few more highly rated prospects, this isn't far off of being one of the better rated Boise classes.  They are lacking the high profile skill-position players though. No bigtime QB/WR/RB commits.

On 8/6/2021 at 11:35 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

They definitely have to rely more on in-person evaluations than in years past.  The WR commit from Hawai'i hasn't played in a varsity full-contact game yet. Was offered due to 7-on-7 skills and his time at Boise State's camp. Things are definitely different this year.

It is interesting that Gavin Hambrick attended the UNLV camp and only got an offer from the NAU coaches in attendance. He does appear to have FBS measureables, but looks like he plays in a smaller league. Avalos is from the Corona area so I'm sure personal relationships have a lot to do with this one as well.

Jake Ripp had an SJSU offer and his highlight video looks FBS quality to me.

If the coaches can snag a few more highly rated prospects, this isn't far off of being one of the better rated Boise classes.  They are lacking the high profile skill-position players though. No bigtime QB/WR/RB commits.

Why it's funny you should be curious because I have a handy dandy chart I've made, which is hosted [HERE] on my Google Drive about year to year recruiting rankings. It's rather rough but it helps to get an overall trend. See the Average Per Year to compare years and Offense and Defense per year.

Edit: for some reason the years at the bottom of the "AVG PER YEAR" chart is not displaying at the bottom. The farthest right column is 2022 and works its way back to the left. Give me some time to figure out why it is displaying this way.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:25 AM, badfish said:

Why would we be concerned about a 5'-9" QB?!?!

So another commit today.  Looks like Dishawn Misa was crystal balled by Brandon Huffman to Boise.  Would be a huge pickup (4*) if true.

Offers for the 0.9017 rated 6'-3", 220lb linebacker included all of the PAC-12 except Stanford and Arizona.  247 rates him as the #255 player nationally and #28 LB.

https://247sports.com/Player/Dishawn-Misa-46058250/