Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Chris Bird Leaving for Texas

Beard's deal is reportedly 7/35.

So UT didnt even need to money whip him.  Just being UT was enough.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

32 minutes ago, RSF said:

Beard's deal is reportedly 7/35.

So UT didnt even need to money whip him.  Just being UT was enough.

He has an easy act to follow at Texas. The guy before him was there for six years and did absolutely nothing. It sets up very well for Beard. 

12 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

He has an easy act to follow at Texas. The guy before him was there for six years and did absolutely nothing. It sets up very well for Beard. 

Chris Beard will win a national championship within five years at Texas.

13 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I don’t know if that will happen, but I do think that he will do well enough to make Smart look pretty bad.  

45 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

That's not unreasonable at all. Beard is REALLY good.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

The architect of his defense is not going with him to TX. Apparently, there was a falling out of sorts.

Beard's offense is nothing special. 

He may do well, but it's not a forgone conclusion. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The architect of his defense is not going with him to TX. Apparently, there was a falling out of sorts.

Beard's offense is nothing special. 

He may do well, but it's not a forgone conclusion. 

After the hiring celebrations are over these things always have a way of smacking you in the face. Tom Herman is a good example. 

And sometimes you end up with a diamond no one expected. Mick Cronin was about UCLA’s 5th choice.

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

After the hiring celebrations are over these things always have a way of smacking you in the face. Tom Herman is a good example. 

And sometimes you end up with a diamond no one expected. Mick Cronin was about UCLA’s 5th choice.

I can't believe they had Jamie Dixon and Barnes over him

9 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Texas basketball was nonexistent before TJ Ford. I think their best NBA player before then was Chris Mihm. Beard is immediately their third best head coach without coaching a game.

I really don't get why people think it's a top 5 job. I know they pay well, but the talent level in the state is spread out and it's a little overated to begin with in my opinion. 

24 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I really don't get why people think it's a top 5 job. I know they pay well, but the talent level in the state is spread out and it's a little overated to begin with in my opinion. 

In terms of basketball history and tradition...no. In terms of money...yes. Beard will do well there until a bigger paycheck/dream job comes along. I personally hope he fails miserably and has the resulting mental breakdown on National TV.

27 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I don’t think anybody says it’s a top 5 job.  But it’s top 15 at worst.

Just now, quickdraw said:

In terms of basketball history and tradition...no. In terms of money...yes. Beard will do well there until a bigger paycheck/dream job comes along. I personally hope he fails miserably and has the resulting mental breakdown on National TV.

I personally don’t think he’s leaving Texas unless it’s for the NBA.  He will win a national championship at Texas.

25 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I don’t think anybody says it’s a top 5 job.  But it’s top 15 at worst.

Austin is a pretty sweet place to live and Texas is the flagship uni with as many or more financial resources as any other school in the country. He's going to be a recruiting machine there. I would say Texas is easily a Top 5 job. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

23 hours ago, ph90702 said:

The players the fans expect, 5 stars, don't play that old school hard nose in your face approach.  Works with lower rated kids.  Who knows though maybe he finds a mix that works there.  Douche bag. but a Good coach, no doubt.

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

Austin is a pretty sweet place to live and Texas is the flagship uni with as many or more financial resources as any other school in the country. He's going to be a recruiting machine there. I would say Texas is easily a Top 5 job. 

It’s not a better job than Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas, Duke, UCLA, Indiana, or Louisville.

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It’s not a better job than Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas, Duke, UCLA, Indiana, or Louisville.

In terms of tradition/history, you're 100% right. But that shit is intangible fan service. But what it's really all about is $$$ and LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION (other than UCLA which is #1) 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 4/4/2021 at 2:28 PM, Rebels18 said:

In terms of tradition/history, you're 100% right. But that shit is intangible fan service. But what it's really all about is $$$ and LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION (other than UCLA which is #1) 

100% Westwood is a tough place to beat, but Austin is a great town and would be easy to recruit to. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.