IanforHeisman

Gaetz under investigation over sex with a minor

23 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

This isn't really true: "The Second Amendment is about maintaining, within the citizenry, the ability to maintain an armed rebellion against the government, if that becomes necessary.' But I like it better than offing tech bros for sport.

What about Idahoan ranchers?  

29 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

This isn't really true: "The Second Amendment is about maintaining, within the citizenry, the ability to maintain an armed rebellion against the government, if that becomes necessary.' But I like it better than offing tech bros for sport.

Yeah, that still seems pretty bad that he's calling for an armed rebellion against the government. Past that, he used the 2A comments as a direct part of him talking about Silicon Valley. Then he paused. Only then did he go on and talk about the Second Amendment in more detail, which if he claims that he wasn't referring to using it on Silicon Valley, he's certainly calling for it to be used against the government. Even with his disclaimer, his initial statement regarding the Second Amendment was, "We have a Second Amendment in this country, and I think we have an obligation to use it".

He's trying to have his cake and eat it too. 

36 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Gaetz needs to read up on the Whiskey Rebellion.

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

More teams and shit from @retrofade

Sure thing, dumb dumb. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Yeah, that still seems pretty bad that he's calling for an armed rebellion against the government. Past that, he used the 2A comments as a direct part of him talking about Silicon Valley. Then he paused. Only then did he go on and talk about the Second Amendment in more detail, which if he claims that he wasn't referring to using it on Silicon Valley, he's certainly calling for it to be used against the government. Even with his disclaimer, his initial statement regarding the Second Amendment was, "We have a Second Amendment in this country, and I think we have an obligation to use it".

He's trying to have his cake and eat it too. 

You really just don't know when to take a loss, do you? Please do me a favor and defend his full remarks, whether they're talking about Silicon Valley or about the Government. Either way, you take a loss. 

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Sure thing, dumb dumb. 

You really just don't know when to take a loss, do you? Please do me a favor and defend his full remarks, whether they're talking about Silicon Valley or about the Government. Either way, you take a loss. 

A loss, you posted the misinformation.  You stupid fck. 

Keep up the shitty work of not checking your sources.  

20 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

A loss, you posted the misinformation.  You stupid fck. 

Keep up the shitty work of not checking your sources.  

Misinformation?

Did he or did he not say what I posted? 

That's what I thought. 

6 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

What, the deceiving shit that you posted?

That’s WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!

In what way was it deceiving? It cut off before he moved on to his next point. His next point merely shifted the object of his calls for violence from Silicon Valley to the Federal Government. I mean, I guess that's better since he isn't calling for violence against private entities and citizens. But instead he's, oh wait we've been here before, calling for violence against the Government. Six to one, half dozen the other; they're both pretty reprehensible. Ifg you go and watch the whole video, it's not "misleading" it isn't "deceiving", it's literally what he said. If you watch it, there's no distinction to what he's referencing, he moves straight from "Silicon valley can't cancel us" to "we have a Second Amendment and we should use it". There was no ramp up to that, it was literally straight from one to the other. 

If Gaetz was in fact speaking about the Second Amendment in a different context, is it okay for him to then say that "we should use it", given the other context? We literally just had an attempted insurrection because of language like that. Hell, I'd say that IF that was his point, then it's even worse. He can use a disclaimer at the very end of it all he wants, but it doesn't change what he said. So he's either calling for violence against private entities or violence against the government. Yeah, even if you're right that the Second Amendment reference was about the government, that doesn't make it any better. 

Those are facts. I know you can't handle them, but they are. 

I'm gonna go take some gummies and watch a movie now. That'll be a far better use of my time than whatever this idiocy has turned into.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

In what way was it deceiving? It cut off before he moved on to his next point. His next point merely shifted the object of his calls for violence from Silicon Valley to the Federal Government. I mean, I guess that's better since he isn't calling for violence against private entities and citizens. But instead he's, oh wait we've been here before, calling for violence against the Government. Six to one, half dozen the other; they're both pretty reprehensible. Ifg you go and watch the whole video, it's not "misleading" it isn't "deceiving", it's literally what he said. If you watch it, there's no distinction to what he's referencing, he moves straight from "Silicon valley can't cancel us" to "we have a Second Amendment and we should use it". There was no ramp up to that, it was literally straight from one to the other. 

If Gaetz was in fact speaking about the Second Amendment in a different context, is it okay for him to then say that "we should use it", given the other context? We literally just had an attempted insurrection because of language like that. Hell, I'd say that IF that was his point, then it's even worse. He can use a disclaimer at the very end of it all he wants, but it doesn't change what he said. So he's either calling for violence against private entities or violence against the government. Yeah, even if you're right that the Second Amendment reference was about the government, that doesn't make it any better. 

Those are facts. I know you can't handle them, but they are. 

I'm gonna go take some gummies and watch a movie now. That'll be a far better use of my time than whatever this idiocy has turned into.

Again, half as long.  

I just saw an article on Gaetz and his comments on Silicon Valley and 2nd amendment.  Disgusting. 

However, I do think something needs to be done about Silicon Valley.  They shouldn't be able to enjoy 230 immunity, be a political tool of selected government roles and selected political parties and viewpoints. That is a discussion for another thread.

• Like 2
110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

I just saw an article on Gaetz and his comments on Silicon Valley and 2nd amendment.  Disgusting. 

However, I do think something needs to be done about Silicon Valley.  They shouldn't be able to enjoy 230 immunity, be a political tool of selected government roles and selected political parties and viewpoints. That is a discussion for another thread.

Should they be required to host "viewpoints" from all sides even if they are lies?

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

Should they be required to host "viewpoints" from all sides even if they are lies?

4 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

That is a discussion for another thread.

Feel free to start a new thread if you want to discuss (or resurrect a previous one).

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Well what did Greenberg get out of it?

I ask because according to Harry Litman, Don McGahn's agreement to testify tomorrow without having to be ordered to do so by a judge contains so many escape holes for him that testimony is liable to be the biggest nothing burger in years.

12 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Well what did Greenberg get out of it?

I ask because according to Harry Litman, Don McGahn's agreement to testify tomorrow without having to be ordered to do so by a judge contains so many escape holes for him that testimony is liable to be the biggest nothing burger in years.

Guessing that Greenberg gets some reduction in sentencing due to his aiding the investigation as a whole - He's giving them something useful that will not help other possible defendants they are looking into 

The Justice Department has added two top prosecutors to its Florida-based investigation of Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), The New York Times reported. 

One of the prosecutors is a public corruptions investigator with expertise in child exploitation cases, and the other is a top leader of the DOJ’s public corruption unit.

The prosecutors have been working on the investigation for at least three months, the newspaper reported, citing people briefed on the matter.

One of the prosecutors is Todd Gee, who is deputy chief of the DOJ’s Public Integrity Section within the criminal division. That section is involved in nearly all major criminal investigations into federal and local officials.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/577970-justice-department-adds-2-top-prosecutors-in-gaetz-investigation