IanforHeisman

Gaetz under investigation over sex with a minor

Just now, Joe from WY said:

+++++ that must be awesome.

I always love to sit and talk to the old timers about the old days in the City.

Dude was a heavy equipment operator and a surveyor in the city, too. Helped build multiple buildings in the skyline. And also worked on the GG bridge a few times. Smart dude, too. Loved Tom Waits. Hated Paul Wolfowitz. Good fisherman. Made a mean Tri Tip. I dunno what else you can ask of a lifetime, honestly. 

• Cheers 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

That's kind of touching all the bases, really. Honestly, living in SF in the 60s alone would be enough for 10 lifetimes as it is.

It's honestly interesting to listen to the family talk about the city. They seem to be concerned in a way that is unique about how it's changing. I'm trying to figure out if it is because they're just old now, and old people complain, or if they have the perspective after living through multiple changes to see this one as different. I dunno. 

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I've heard similar sentiments from a lot of the old beatniks I'm friends with. To be fair though, a lot of that talk has been quieted since a lot of the concerning changes got ran out of town with the pandemic. It'll be interesting to see the recovery though, and how that trajectory changes, if at all.

Yeah, I think COVID was a weird intervention. It'll be interesting to see what happens now, especially since I have heard that a lot of places are going to try to keep the remote work stuff. But at the same time, you look at the history of SF and California at large, and it's just wave after wave of assholes just coming in an +++++ing shit up. So there's a world in which the current situation is just part of a cycle. But it is still annoying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

I mean, I'm glad J-will won the title and I love that guy. But he was basically Mike Bibby for that team. There's no question Bibby put the Kings to another level that Williams just didn't have in him at the time.

One of my faves of all time though. Since we didn't win the title with Bibby, I'd have preferred J-Will's play during the same stretch. Including the balls int he stands from the wild errant passes. 

I was mostly being facetious. Bibby was the better player in every way except for fun and entertainment. That trade saved me from being a Kings fan, because I loved those Webber/Williams Kings teams. Rooting for that franchise would suuuuuck. Being an NBA atheist is so much better.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Rooting for that franchise would suuuuuck. Being an NBA atheist is so much better.

*MAD FACE*

7 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

I agree. There were a lot of times I really could't stand those teams being so good, especially since they were winning as the city and bay were changing so much. It felt like they were winning in front of different crowds. But I would always tell Joe (who knew my plight as  Kings fan, and who went to multiple SJSU games) that when I talk shit about SF sports fans, I don't mean you. You earned it mother+++++er. He got to take my nephew to the first Giants champs parade in 2010. I can only hope to do something like that someday. 

I was at that parade! Just jumped in my car and drove 600 miles so I could feel more a part of it.

Funny how all this changed with SF fans. I grew up going to games at Candlestick. When 10,000 people coming to the game on a frigid weekday night would’ve been a miracle. But those who were there were there because they loved that team. They had to. Because until I was 10 or 11 and Will Clark came up, they were mostly terrible. And I loved every moment of it. Now, I love the ballpark, but, it’s not the same. A lot has changed for the better, but I could do without the tech bro yammering in his cell phone behind me, explaining that the Giants would be so much better if they trade Alex Dickerson for Mike Trout.

I haven’t been to a home Warriors game in a long time, though I try to catch them once a year up here. But I assume it’s the same.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I was at that parade! Just jumped in my car and drove 600 miles so I could feel more a part of it.

Funny how all this changed with SF fans. I grew up going to games at Candlestick. When 10,000 people coming to the game on a frigid weekday night would’ve been a miracle. But those who were there were there because they loved that team. They had to. Because until I was 10 or 11 and Will Clark came up, they were mostly terrible. And I loved every moment of it. Now, I love the ballpark, but, it’s not the same. A lot has changed for the better, but I could do without the tech bro yammering in his cell phone behind me, explaining that the Giants would be so much better if they trade Alex Dickerson for Mike Trout.

I haven’t been to a home Warriors game in a long time, though I try to catch them once a year up here. But I assume it’s the same.

I haven't talked to anyone whose gone to the new arena, but I assume it's different than Roaracle 

1 hour ago, smltwnrckr said:

I haven't talked to anyone whose gone to the new arena, but I assume it's different than Roaracle 

Speaking of new arenas, I did go to a Kings game in the new place. Awesome facility. Nice to have something like that in downtown Sac, which is quietly a cool spot but could be even better. Arco was in such a bad location, though pretty convenient if traveling from Reno.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Speaking of new arenas, I did go to a Kings game in the new place. Awesome facility. Nice to have something like that in downtown Sac, which is quietly a cool spot but could be even better. Arco was in such a bad location, though pretty convenient if traveling from Reno.

Golden One is sweet. Midtown and Land Park have a ton of cool bars. That area is really getting better and better. 

• Like 2

Matt Gaetz’s former girlfriend has told friends she’s worried that the woman who is key to the federal government’s sex-crimes investigation tried to get her to incriminate the Florida lawmaker on a recorded call.

The revelation raises the possibility that federal prosecutors have two top cooperating witnesses: the woman who was an alleged sex-trafficking victim when she was a minor and the Gaetz associate already indicted for that crime, former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg.

Until now, there were signs the alleged sex-trafficking victim was not cooperating with federal authorities. In August, prior to Greenberg’s sex-trafficking indictment, Greenberg said in a WhatsApp chat with another friend that he was paying for her attorney at the time and that she was resistant to cooperating with investigators.

Gaetz’s former girlfriend has played a bit role in the unfolding public drama — she is the woman who sent the lawmaker a nude video of her performing a hula hoop dance that he showed to other members of Congress.

But two of her friends, who declined to be identified publicly because of the sensational nature of the case, say she now suspects she was being set up when the alleged victim and another woman involved in the case called her to discuss the lawmaker in what she fears might have been a recorded conference call. The call took place sometime after Greenberg was indicted for the sex crime in August.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/16/gaetz-ex-girlfriend-sex-trafficking-482578

11 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

What’s the law on sleeping with someone who says they’re 19 but is actually 17.. He’s still twice her age regardless and a creeper, but it appears he didn’t intentionally sleep with a minor.  

Underage is still underage. Even if the underage party lies about being of age.

"unintentional statutory", but very intentional sex trafficking.

https://news.yahoo.com/matt-gaetz-associate-joel-greenberg-005322565.html

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I support drug-testing for members of Congress. 

But they dont suck off the test of the state like welfare queens!

• Like 1