Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DoubleBlueGold

SJSU B-ball Head Coach Interviews

48 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

C’mon that was hilarious. 

It was a good effort.

26 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

image.jpeg.e89a582aef05339f0643029c1e96d6be.jpeg

Cool. Looks like a roller coaster ride. Hang on, troll.

Grats to SJSU. Timmy is a solid hire. I am not sure he will have SJSU fighting for championships, but he will definitely upgrade the program. He is also good at getting the students involved, so maybe he will finally bring some of that to SJSU?

I get the impression that most MWC fans are happy to see Miles as a part of the conference but fans of the other 3 teams that had an opening are certainly satisfied (even happy) that he is not their head coach. :shrug:  Wyo and CSU fans seem to like him more than anyone else.

It will be interesting to see how he does at SJSU, and how he does relative to the other 3 hires in the same year.

17 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Can you tell us about the time you spent in the Silicon Valley again, counselor? Maybe another odd analogy regarding your time 40 years ago here and Tim Miles?

As usual, I was correct again about Patrick having no interest in SJSU while you once again have shown your dunceitude.

Please spend more time here. The rest of us could use another whipping boy.

23 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

As usual, I was correct again about Patrick having no interest in SJSU while you once again have shown your dunceitude.

Man, you seem to always be right-just ask you...

Do you feel the hiring of Miles is analogous to the time you spent in the San Jose area 40 years ago?

33 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Wow, the profile of the Typical San Diego State Fan is really rounding into shape.

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Just because Patrick wasn't hired, doesn't mean there was no interest in SJSU.  It wouldn't be surprising if he was a finalist for the job.

Patrick will be a head coach again soon enough.  I truly believe that

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

8 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Just because Patrick wasn't hired, doesn't mean there was no interest in SJSU.  It wouldn't be surprising if he was a finalist for the job.

Patrick will be a head coach again soon enough.  I truly believe that

Patrick appeared to be indicating on social media that he was either expecting to get or accepting the offer. He started following the U's president and our football HC. Of course, he could of done that just to score brownie points before the interview.

Arkansas has its SEC pockets, so the counter could have been that much sweeter to stay.

To put a bow on the saga: According to this blog, Patrick was a finalist for the SJSU gig and his Arkansas contract was two years for $800k.  He earns $200,000 more if he stays on staff through the '21-'22 season, including any NCAA Tournament or NIT games for the Hogs.

http://kevindmccarthy.com/bb/wp/blog/2021/04/05/20858/

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2020/jul/07/patricks-contract-reaches-1-million/

2 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

To put a bow on the saga: According to this blog, Patrick was a finalist for the SJSU gig and his Arkansas contract was two years for $800k.  He earns $200,000 more if he stays on staff through the '21-'22 season, including any NCAA Tournament or NIT games for the Hogs.

http://kevindmccarthy.com/bb/wp/blog/2021/04/05/20858/

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2020/jul/07/patricks-contract-reaches-1-million/

But what about 818suds blog? It’s a little about sports and a whole lot of stories about him...

...have you heard about his time in the Bay Area? Enthralling!

On 4/6/2021 at 12:22 PM, SpartanDude said:

Wow, the profile of the Typical San Diego State Fan is really rounding into shape.

I’d say that they think they invented basketball, but we all know that that was UNLV. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 4/5/2021 at 5:12 PM, Joe from WY said:

The more I think about it, I like this hire more and more. SJSU, even though everyone shits on them, is really a sleeping giant athletics-wise. It sits in a talent-rich area and really just needs someone who knows what they're doing to make things happen there. There's gems, hidden and otherwise, all over this area, from Santa Rosa to Gilroy, and all the way out to the Modesto and Stockton areas, and up into Sacramento. The right person could do really great things there, and it honestly seems that for years they kind of had a half-ass approach to athletics, but with hires like this, and the revelation that has become Brent Brennan, the athletic future of this school is only going to get brighter.

Really, it's always been bizarre SJSU has been terrible in athletics though. The athletic ineptness of a school that isn't devoid of talent in a nearby area has always been bizarre to me, and really, I think it's been ineptness across the board as much as anything that has contributed to it. But with competence coming in, they could really be going places. There's no reason SJSU can't be SDSU or Fresno State, or even beyond that.

There's really no reason SJSU should be so bad at basketball for so long. It's less excusable than the football futility. The Bay Area ins't the northeast, but they have a fine basketball tradition out there especially college basketball. And there are recruits to be had all over the west coast. St. Mary's, Santa Clara, U of SF and UOP have all had consistently better programs than SJSU in the past 30 years. You bring in a good coach with a consistent system who knows how to recruit for that system, and you can turn the program around pretty quick. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

There's really no reason SJSU should be so bad at basketball for so long. It's less excusable than the football futility. The Bay Area ins't the northeast, but they have a fine basketball tradition out there especially college basketball. And there are recruits to be had all over the west coast. St. Mary's, Santa Clara, U of SF and UOP have all had consistently better programs than SJSU in the past 30 years. You bring in a good coach with a consistent system who knows how to recruit for that system, and you can turn the program around pretty quick. 

Tim Miles is in for a rude awakening.

5 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Tim Miles is in for a rude awakening.

Is this what your "source" told you?

18 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Is this what your "source" told you?

I’m just calling it the way it is.  Just changing head coaches will not solve anything.  You guys have the worst facilities in the league and ZERO investment.  It would take a hall of fame coach to win there.

8 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m just calling it the way it is.  Just changing head coaches will not solve anything.  You guys have the worst facilities in the league and ZERO investment.  It would take a hall of fame coach to win there.

I can guarantee that Miles would not have taken the job without SJSU upping their investment in basketball.

46 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

You're entitled to your opinion. Even if you are wrong, just like your "source".