Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandjean87

Stipe

Love the guy.  Who doesn’t like a fireman/responder except cops on TV shows?  I predicted (well, sort of) his win in Miocic-Ngannou I.  I’d sort of like to see him win again tonight, but I think this is going to be Francis’ night. Stipe got KO’ed in Cormier I and even in winning the next two to regain/retain the UFC HW title, he took some punishment. That wear and tear and cage age, I think is going to cost him tonight. 

24 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Love Stipe. But he got KTFO.

Can't see bones fighting his traditional fight without getting clipped and ko'd.

If he fought his traditional fight of distance and then inside work, trips and top game, he would be as good as any other fight he has had.  His focus has been the issue.  He starched legends for a 3 year span, and hasn't felt a need to gameplan for the last 5 years.  The move to HW may realign his passion.

1 hour ago, grandjean87 said:

The Jones fight will be the biggest HW MMA fight since Fedor-Cro Cop in Pride 1.5 decades back. 

Not from a PPV perspective. And from a legacy standpoint, Stipe-DC 3 beats it. Cain-JDS 3 too. 

10 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Not from a PPV perspective. And from a legacy standpoint, Stipe-DC 3 beats it. Cain-JDS 3 too. 

I’m not even sure there was American PPV in ‘05 for Pride?  But, on legacy from  that viewpoint, I’ll stick to that one which has shown historical legs. War Fedor:). 

14 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Even at 63, I’d kick his ass:).

R.E.M. is one of the bands I really enjoy where I listen to them, but I’ve really only listed intermittently. 

First saw them at the Arts & Sciences Auditorium in Laramie in January of '86. 10,000 Maniacs opened for them. Fantastic show. I was hooked...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

23 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

First saw them at the Arts & Sciences Auditorium in Laramie in January of '86. 10,000 Maniacs opened for them. Fantastic show. I was hooked...

I was there.  Thought R.E.M. was great. My recollection though was Natalie Merchant sucked, she screeched the whole time.

Man the A & S used to have such great shows. What happened?  I remember Stevie Ray and Lonnie Mack and the place was only a third full during a snow storm. We went down and danced in the orchestra pit. We were lit up!

2 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

I’m not even sure there was American PPV in ‘05 for Pride?  But, on legacy from  that viewpoint, I’ll stick to that one which has shown historical legs. War Fedor:). 

I was just comparing Francis-Jones to other UFC HW fights. 

21 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Gimme the GOAT against anyone. Jon Jones has problems, none of them inside the cage. Until he gets stomped I’m never doubting that guy.

I think he beats Francis. Jones is VERY hard to hit cleanly, and his wrestling lends itself better to taking Francis down, even with Ngannou’s improved takedown defense.