Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Craig Smith Staying in Utah

29 minutes ago, utenation said:

Btw, I understand an apples to apples comparison but just because UNLV was late to the party, you don’t get to slash our history. Unless we do it for every program in the country. Nobody will buy that.

I get what you're saying, but the thing is, UNLV is the only school with three or more appearances in the Final Four that you would need to do that with. All other schools were playing basketball before World War 2, except for Houston, which started the year after. So to have a real comparison for a school that, quite honestly, all homer aside, has a pretty great basketball history, I don't think it's too hard to put it into context. Additionally, like I said, I'm even giving you an extra 13 years in the comparison since I didn't include the years UNLV wasn't even D1. 

With all that being said, no reason this conversation has to happen in a thread about USU and Utah. Ignore PH, UNLV doesn't have to be talked about in every thread. 

10 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

I get what you're saying, but the thing is, UNLV is the only school with three or more appearances in the Final Four that you would need to do that with. All other schools were playing basketball before World War 2, except for Houston, which started the year after. So to have a real comparison for a school that, quite honestly, all homer aside, has a pretty great basketball history, I don't think it's too hard to put it into context. Additionally, like I said, I'm even giving you an extra 13 years in the comparison since I didn't include the years UNLV wasn't even D1. 

These stats are nothing more than numbers to make UNLV look better. 

I think UNLV has a solid tourney history without cherry picking.  No reason to do it IMO. 

Recent success is where UNLV falls off. 

16 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

With all that being said, no reason this conversation has to happen in a thread about USU and Utah. Ignore PH, UNLV doesn't have to be talked about in every thread. 

This exactly, no one on this thread was throwing shade at UNLV until ph felt the need to inject some UNLV homerism and talk shit about other programs.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

25 minutes ago, Mano said:

This exactly, no one on this thread was throwing shade at UNLV until ph felt the need to inject some UNLV homerism and talk shit about other programs.

He sure does trigger the whole board i guess. Such power you all give him. One of the better Jimmie Rustlin I've seen in awhile.

Personally I have had that guy on ignore for several years now. He adds nothing. 

33 minutes ago, utenation said:

Recent success is where UNLV falls off. 

As do pretty much all of the schools represented on this forum. MWC and PAC.

I mean there is a reason we are all posting in new coach hire threads. Glass houses and all.

18 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

He sure does trigger the whole board i guess. Such power you all give him. One of the better Jimmie Rustlin I've seen in awhile.

Personally I have had that guy on ignore for several years now. He adds nothing. 

Ignoring PH is like watching a train wreck. We should ignore it but we all look and watch. 

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a poster take this many beat downs on a daily basis. 

Reminds me of Rocky in his first fight against Clubber Lang.

If there were a MWC board Hall of Shame, PH would be easy entry first ballot.

B1EFBD71-96D2-4459-884B-0D727D4E7BC2.gif

8 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Don’t stop now. You’re about to get to the part where it’s ludicrous to think Minnesota is a better job than Utah because of conference affiliation. 

Ya’ll say that about other jobs, so you’re a hypocrite for calling me out on it.

6 hours ago, utenation said:

Ignoring PH is like watching a train wreck. We should ignore it but we all look and watch. 

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a poster take this many beat downs on a daily basis. 

Reminds me of Rocky in his first fight against Clubber Lang.

If there were a MWC board Hall of Shame, PH would be easy entry first ballot.

B1EFBD71-96D2-4459-884B-0D727D4E7BC2.gif

I’m NOT getting beat down.  I hold my own and have several knockouts to my name.  And if you have to say that you beat somebody down, did you really?

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m NOT getting beat down.  I hold my own and have several knockouts to my name.  And if you have to say that you beat somebody down, did you really?

Read your 2nd and 3rd sentences again. 

And yes, you are getting smacked around.

26 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Well, you just claimed to have several knockouts, so....

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

8 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

As do pretty much all of the schools represented on this forum. MWC and PAC.

I mean there is a reason we are all posting in new coach hire threads. Glass houses and all.

The comparison was Utah vs UNLV tourney history. I’d say our 2015 S16 trip is more recent than your 2007 trip.  That’s all I’m saying. 

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Only because someone else brought it up.

I'm not laughing with you, but at you....

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

12 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Common sense.  UCLA, Oregon, Arizona, USC, Utah, Washington, Colorado, Arizona State, Stanford, Oregon State, California, Washington State.

ph, sometimes a man just doesn't get the respect he deserves, even in his own country.  You just keep on being you and making these common sense lists.  Even I can't argue with this one.

36 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

ph, sometimes a man just doesn't get the respect he deserves, even in his own country.  You just keep on being you and making these common sense lists.  Even I can't argue with this one.

You changed my quote.  I’m NOT stupid!  @mugtang Please make the necessary changes so that people can’t make changes when they quote something.