Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaAllStar

Transfers Out

8 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Kids move fast these days... Already sent out a picture on Twitter earlier today announcing his commitment to Loyola Marymount. Good for him.

I forgot that Allen Edwards is an assistant at LMU. Very logical move for Marble.

On 3/26/2021 at 3:10 AM, soupslam1 said:

Transfers have changed everything in recruiting. Nevada used it to make the Sweet 16 and SDSU has used It to be at the top of the MWC the last two years. It can change any team over night. 

It's just like when the NFL went to free agency. Before, it could take 5 or so years for a bad team to start doing much better. Now, you can fix things quick (and lose quick). 

kat.jpg

12 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Kids move fast these days... Already sent out a picture on Twitter earlier today announcing his commitment to Loyola Marymount. Good for him.

Great.  He played great against BYU this past season and now we get to face him at least twice a year going forward.  Awesome.

4 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I forgot that Allen Edwards is an assistant at LMU. Very logical move for Marble.

honestly, I did too lol. Must be a good dude if players are willing to follow him. With that said, I'm much happier with the team under Linder's watch

On 3/30/2021 at 9:22 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

No Aztec departures. 

yet.

I could see Evans moving on if Dutch brings in a small forward or two.

TBH.  The only kids on the roster right now that I would hate to lose are Johnson, Mensah and Butler.  Arop maybe but he's injured more than he is healthy.  Dinwiddie is a maybe too.

It's going to be a tough year in Aztec land next year. We'll see how good Dutch is.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

11 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

yet.

I could see Evans moving on if Dutch brings in a small forward or two.

TBH.  The only kids on the roster right now that I would hate to lose are Johnson, Mensah and Butler.  Arop maybe but he's injured more than he is healthy.  Dinwiddie is a maybe too.

It's going to be a tough year in Aztec land next year. We'll see how good Dutch is.

Agree with you on the roster. If Pulliam and Tomaic stay another year it will help a lot. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

33 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

Still at least one more Aggie left to enter Portal. It's good there are 1,000 players to choose from.

Any chance they're following their former coach to Utah?

2 hours ago, Pelado said:

Any chance they're following their former coach to Utah?

I would not be shocked to see Worster follow Smith to Utah. I think Shulga wants to go somewhere he can get guaranteed playing time so I doubt he heads south.

Rumor is there is at least 1 more player looking to leave and it may be Marco Anthony. If it is him, he would also likely follow Smith to Utah.

Kind of hoping most all the current Spartans end up in the portal. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Thought you guys loved Wooster

We do/did, but most of these kids commit to a coach and not so much the school. I think he had good potential and had a solid Freshman year but I don't think anyone thought he was irreplaceable. We only had one player that was irreplaceable and that was Queta and we all knew he was gone after this season anyway.

1 hour ago, AztecMD said:

This is going to be the norm for MWC teams in shitty locations.  

This is the norm for programs that lose their head coach. You just have to hope that losing your coach is due to being really successful and not for being shitty.

No UCSB departures so far.  But one nice addition with Cincinnati CG Zach Harvey.  A Kansas City native coming to the west coast.  

20 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

No UCSB departures so far.  But one nice addition with Cincinnati CG Zach Harvey.  A Kansas City native coming to the west coast.  

Did anyone ask about UCSB? No. No one ever has. Yet here you are.  

19 minutes ago, AztecMD said:

Nobody asked about BYU.  Yet @Pelado commented on someone. No biggie

2 hours ago, AztecMD said:

Prior to UNLV hiring Kruger, a couple posters here were asking about our coach - meaning they were asking about UCSB.  And since Pasternack is likely staying, we will occasionally be in the mix for transfers that MW schools are targeting.

Also, was this you?

5 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Nobody asked about BYU.  Yet @Pelado commented on someone. No biggie

Yip.  I mentioned earlier that Jesse Wade had entered the portal.  Since then, several more BYU players have entered the portal - Wyatt Lowell (often-injured sharp-shooting big), Kolby Lee (slow big with decent scoring capability), and Conner Harding (former starter whose effectiveness decreased this past season).

BYU's been mentioned as in the mix for the former NM player I asked about earlier in the thread.  They're also reportedly pursuing Saunders from Cincinnati and a PG from Washington.