Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_SD_Dude

Any Seniors Returning?

Ziegler said today that Pulliam and Tomaic are leaning towards coming back for another season. Any seniors coming back for another season on other teams?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

The good news for Wyoming fans is that we had no seniors this year.

Freshman = 7, Sophomore = 3, Junior = 3, Seniors = 0

Next season we'll have solid senior leadership with Moldonado, Thompson and Jeffires to combine with the talent and growing experience of DuSell, Foster, Ike, Marble and Williams.  Not to mention what new talent Coach Linder will bring in.  Can't wait to see the 2021-22 edition of Cowboy basketball.

Of UNM’s two seniors, Mucuach Maluach has said he won’t be coming back, and Keith McGee, who opted out early in the season, has entered the transfer portal. 

At least 2-3 other Lobos from last year’s team have also entered the transfer portal, so expect yet another near all new Lobo squad next season... rinse, wash, repeat!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

40 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It has been assumed that Alston will leave Boise. Many assume Kigab will stay but nothing certain.

CD3B785C-2463-4F86-AA27-AE5B1347A6AD.gif

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

2 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

CD3B785C-2463-4F86-AA27-AE5B1347A6AD.gif

We only had two seniors. I’m not that sad to see Alston go. He had some great games and some real stinkers when we really needed him. Plus, he was terrible on defense. Kigab is another story. We need him back for leadership and defense. 

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

We only had two seniors. I’m not that sad to see Alston go. He had some great games and some real stinkers when we really needed him. Plus, he was terrible on defense. Kigab is another story. We need him back for leadership and defense. 

Same. Alston will score 25 but then he can also be 1-13 and just keep bombing 3's with a dude in his face.

14 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

The good news for Wyoming fans is that we had no seniors this year.

Freshman = 7, Sophomore = 3, Junior = 3, Seniors = 0

Next season we'll have solid senior leadership with Moldonado, Thompson and Jeffires to combine with the talent and growing experience of DuSell, Foster, Ike, Marble and Williams.  Not to mention what new talent Coach Linder will bring in.  Can't wait to see the 2021-22 edition of Cowboy basketball.

Wont those three still be juniors next year? and so on with the Sophmores and Freshmen? THought this year didn't count at all against anyone. Interesting to see how they will be reported.

15 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It has been assumed that Alston will leave Boise. Many assume Kigab will stay but nothing certain.

I'm ready for Alston to go. He's to streaky, takes some terrible shots and his defense is a liability.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

11 minutes ago, teappotts said:

I'm ready for Alston to go. He's to streaky, takes some terrible shots and his defense is a liability.

I agree. It's hard to say against a 1st team all conf player.  But its just so many games this year where say we had a lead.  Other team starts a run we need a bucket to kill it.  Its like other team 3, Alston miss 28 ft three, other team and 1, Alston miss 30 ft three, other team 3, Alston miss 3, other team layup, Alston fadeaway 3 miss., other team bucket.  Next thing you know we are down 12 when we were up 4 like 3 minutes prior.  And during that stretch its like Alston is 0-7 with all 7 being utterly atrocious shot attempts.

3 hours ago, jewelz4562000 said:

I honestly don't get why you wouldn't play if you can.  Unless you are going to the NBA or going to euro to make 6 figs.   In a hurry to go get some lame corporate job like the rest of us? 

Some schools may not have the money to extend the scholarship to some of their current seniors. I have a gut feeling that happened at Fresno State with the women’s team where two of their senior starters opted for the portal. One was the conference POY in her junior year. Boise State should try and pick up both after losing Loville to the portal. 

11 hours ago, jewelz4562000 said:

I honestly don't get why you wouldn't play if you can.  Unless you are going to the NBA or going to euro to make 6 figs.   In a hurry to go get some lame corporate job like the rest of us? 

It can make a lot of sense for some, especially those who have already completed a graduate degree.

As for BYU's seniors (Haarms, Barcello, Averette), it looks like both Haarms and Averette will be moving on.  There's a decent chance that Barcello suits up again next season, especially since his sister is coming to Provo to play for BYU starting next season.