Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

UNLV MBB Head Coach Search

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

NCAA will vote on transfer waiver in April.

But that might be for years going forward? I think the NCAA gave everybody a free for all year due to covid, but I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

But that might be for years going forward? I think the NCAA gave everybody a free for all year due to covid, but I could be wrong.

Correct, they can transfer once without sitting, twice will depend on the waiver.  IIRC.  Could be off.

1 minute ago, Ernie Baer said:

Let the spitballing begin!

You think it's more bullshit being fed to this guy? He seems to be reporting a lot of strange stuff. I kinda miss the last guy the LVRJ had on the beat. He wasn't so quick to bite the bait. 

31 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

You guys should hire Grant McCasland from UNT. Very good coach.

Been a great day for the Scott Drew coaching tree (Mills and McCasland).  The more I learn about McCasland the more I like.  He's worked his way up through various coaching levels and has done well at each stop.  

1 minute ago, Rebels2k3 said:

You think it's more bullshit being fed to this guy? He seems to be reporting a lot of strange stuff. I kinda miss the last guy the LVRJ had on the beat. He wasn't so quick to bite the bait. 

He'll probably have a story on Mike Brown being interested in a few days.  

Just now, Ernie Baer said:

He'll probably have a story on Mike Brown being interested in a few days.  

If you consider the interest in Brett Gunning last time, the AD does seem attracted to NBA assistants...and lot of the names being floated by this guy are former NBA assistants. Makes you wonder.

4 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

Been a great day for the Scott Drew coaching tree (Mills and McCasland).  The more I learn about McCasland the more I like.  He's worked his way up through various coaching levels and has done well at each stop.  

I agree. Bad part about it is we would probably be a training ground for the big 12 again.

35 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

It’s real. Kidd has ties to Elaine Wynn, who is pushing him to be the HC. The question I have is, will Kidd be taking a haircut or will UNLV pay more than the 2.5 million he’s making as an assistant for the Lakers? 

2 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

It’s real. Kidd has ties to Elaine Wynn, who is pushing him to be the HC. The question I have is, will Kidd be taking a haircut or will UNLV pay more than the 2.5 million he’s making as an assistant for the Lakers? 

If he wants the job, he would probably take it for 2 million, which we can afford. 

2 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

If he wants the job, he would probably take it for 2 million, which we can afford. 

It’ll be more than that plus significant money for assistants. The TJO buyout and Wynn money will help. 

5 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

It’ll be more than that plus significant money for assistants. The TJO buyout and Wynn money will help. 

Wonder who Kidd would bring as assistants. 

He wouldn't be a boring hire, that's for sure.