Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

UNLV MBB Head Coach Search

5 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

A good Athletic Director would leak this to the press to force Iowa State and Otz hand and speed up negotiations or kill them.

This leak to the LVRJ that it is done deal likely from inside UNLV.

He's gone

DING DONG OTZ IS GONE!  WOO HOO!!

thank god, I was getting tired trying to convince myself he would ever get it done.

Time to get a REAL coach baby!!!

Call in the 1st lucky contender in what should be a very long line of eager candidates from the waiting room: 

image.png.dd120dd2dd088a5ec8048605430acfe5.png

Did we give them the right location? @ph90702 you sent out the invitations, correct?

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Just now, Rebels2k3 said:

He's gone

Likely is but Iowa State already said they were broke and they may be negotiating pay and asking Otz to take some of the hit.  If a good AD knew this was going on you would leak to the press it is a done deal to force their hands and make their negotiations uncomfortable.  You turn around and leak to someone else in the Las Vegas Press that it isn't a done deal yet and just speculation.  A good AD does both the leaks just to screw with negotiations.

I sure hope there is no negotitation on the buyout.  We need the full 3.1mil to put towards the next coach.  With that maybe we could look at coaches at the $2-$2.5mil range which opens a few more possible candidates

4 minutes ago, Shaker said:

I sure hope there is no negotitation on the buyout.  We need the full 3.1mil to put towards the next coach.  With that maybe we could look at coaches at the $2-$2.5mil range which opens a few more possible candidates

Iowa State likely negotiating with Otz to take some of that hit.  I am sure Otz will not be comfortable with that but somebody (whoever leaked done deal) put him in a bad spot and now he is almost forced to accept whatever Iowa State offers.  Not like he can come back to UNLV now without looking like a jackass and being fired next year anyways, so he has to take the lowball offer.  Whoever leaked to the press likely hurt Otz in negotiations.

Possible that Iowa State is the leaker because it would benefit them to get a lower deal with Otz.  He can't negotiate for higher pay if it looks like he already left and the UNLV fan base now hates him and is looking for a new coach.

Just now, qwelish said:

With burger n tots gone, it's a perfect time to announce that UNLV will part ways with drf.

Effective immediately. 

I would definitely let it be known that she will not be leading this hire.  We need the new UNLV President to hire the Basketball coach.  Not clown DRF.

13 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I would definitely let it be known that she will not be leading this hire.  We need the new UNLV President to hire the Basketball coach.  Not clown DRF.

and @Rosegreen

DRF obviously not gonna be leading the charge this time. She went against the demands of all the boosters, the admin (we had no real president cuz Meeta was interim)----and went out and hired HER GUY...she pulled a Costner in Draft Day move and had "Burger no matter what" on a Post-It.  Some midwest dude that did not fit in here at all whose wife was a star Iowa St basketball player. It was a horrible fit that she went out on a MAJOR limb and it just backfired bigtime.

DRF thought UCLA might poach her---she's play ball and be a part of a big splash hire to salvage her resume. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

3 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

Ronald Mcdonald tried to play UNLV she probably thought he'd do good and get hired at ISU eventually.... Lol she don't care about the Running Rebels and F them hot dogs and tater tots they tried to put out 

Shoulda gave away tots n burgers, duh!