Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

NCAA Round of 64: #6 SDSU (16) vs. #11 Syracuse

Another 1st round exit by the MWC

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

6 hours ago, Pelado said:

I think he was 1 for 9 vs BYU this season.  What did he end up shooting tonight?

Is that just current MW teams, or does it include the tournament records for teams that are no longer in the MW (BYU, Utah, etc.)?

The latter, it's also only the records of teams while they were in The MWC

7 hours ago, aztech said:

How did you do at home this season?

Far better than on the road, like pretty much every other team in the nation.  We swept the only top 5 team we got to play at home, a team that swept you in the only game against a top team you had to play on the road btw.

Sorry, SDSU had the most favorable home-away schedule in the league.  Just is what it is.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Far better than on the road, like pretty much every other team in the nation.  We swept the only top 5 team we got to play at home, a team that swept you in the only game against a top team you had to play on the road btw.

Sorry, SDSU had the most favorable home-away schedule in the league.  Just is what it is.

Boise and CSU were the most road tested of the Top 4 teams.   

I wonder if the big sky champ can play better than the MW champ.  Really hard to take away anything positive from this years tournament.  What I know of the MW remains true.   Utah State is not athletic enough to win a game in the tournament.   They are a long ways away and their recruiting style might prohibit them for a really long time.  SD was really really over rated and they did indeed benefit from a weak MW and a schedule that was ridiculously 1 sided.  

I hate being right.  

We were over rated this year, still I expected a better game and yes we benefited from a weak MWC schedule but I expected more than this effort.

2 hours ago, SanDiegoPoke said:

If SDSU had shot anywhere close to their season averages, they would have won this game. If Syracuse had shot close to their season averages, they would have blown them out. 'Cuse played great, SDSU did not. It's that simple.

There’s a reason why SUDS didn’t shoot well. Syracuse has a great zone defense and put a lot of pressure on the perimeter which made it tough to get clean looks. Saw this loss coming from a mile away. 

11 minutes ago, Cincy said:

There’s a reason why SUDS didn’t shoot well. Syracuse has a great zone defense and put a lot of pressure on the perimeter which made it tough to get clean looks. Saw this loss coming from a mile away. 

Maybe, but SDSU had a lot of open shots they’ve been making all year. One game doesn’t make a barometer. Syracuse isn’t as good as they played and SDSU isn’t as bad. Unfortunately, this isn’t like the NBA playoffs where you can have a bad game and come back and redeem yourself. 

2 hours ago, slappy said:

I wonder if the big sky champ can play better than the MW champ.  Really hard to take away anything positive from this years tournament.  What I know of the MW remains true.   Utah State is not athletic enough to win a game in the tournament.   They are a long ways away and their recruiting style might prohibit them for a really long time.  SD was really really over rated and they did indeed benefit from a weak MW and a schedule that was ridiculously 1 sided.  

I hate being right.  

Looks like the big sky champ > than the MW

Ugggg

51 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Sdsu had wide open shots all game. Missed 80% of them

15 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

If you're a blue hair. Your student body and any and all alumni under the age of 40 have no f*cking clue what it's like.

NATTY GLORY IS ETERNAL! and it wasn't just any championship team. It was arguably the most famous (and greatest) team ever. The 91' team was better, undefeated till the refs f*cked us in the Final Four against Dookie. OH well..If only SDSU could know what an undefeated regular season is like. They got close tho...greatest SDSU team ever and couldn't get past a beat to sh*t UNLV squad in their own building. yikes

When UNLV is back in the tourney, they will be legit. I'd rather fly under the radar than pull a SDSU and represent the MWC and the regular and conference season champion and embarrass themselves by getting their ass beat by a 8th place ACC team. MWC should never get anything better than an 8/9 seed ever again. We convince ourselves that teams like CSU/Utah St/SDSU are good when actually this conference just blows. Just 5 Sweet-16 teams in 20+ years. 

Once UNLV/Jason Kidd starts pulling in mickey D 5-star all-americans that will change QUICK

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

16 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Looks like the hype was too much for the Aztecs to handle. Watch Syracuse get their ass kicked by WVU. 

The same occurs to me.

Syracuse looked good but mainly because the Aztecs were bovine excrement. Particularly at the coaching position. I can't remember the last time our staff had its players so unprepared for an opponent. Bob Huggins absolutely won't make the same mistake.

On behalf of San Diego State University and its alumni, my apologies to the MWC.

5 hours ago, SanDiegoPoke said:

If SDSU had shot anywhere close to their season averages, they would have won this game. If Syracuse had shot close to their season averages, they would have blown them out. 'Cuse played great, SDSU did not. It's that simple.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Cuse hit everything they threw at the basket. Aztecs missed gimmees. Syracuse traditionally does well in the Tourney when they have middlin' teams. There's something about that 2-3 zone defense.

The Tourney God's can be unforgiving at times.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

8 hours ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Sdsu had wide open shots all game. Missed 80% of them

They had SOME wide open shots. 
Not all day. 
Syracuse zone extended out to the 3 point line which limited SUDS getting a lot of clean looks. The majority of clean looks they did get they missed. 

21 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve got to think the Aztecs loss today was an anomaly. They had open shots early that they have normally been making. After that they panicked and stopped moving the ball and just started casting off 25 footers. They had shots in the key they hesitated on or tried to force it into 2-3 defenders near the basket. They played awful tight. 

It’s ironic because Syracuse forced the Aztecs into the type of game the Aztecs usually forced MWC teams into. Don’t let them have anything inside and make them beat you from the outside. It’s also ironic in that Syracuse did just that. They killed the Aztecs with perimeter shooting. 

I mean... Syracuse has made it their whole game to give other teams "anomalies" in the Tournament. I shoulda expected it but I love the mwc

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.