Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

NCAA Round of 64: #6 SDSU (16) vs. #11 Syracuse

29 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

What is your take on Gonzaga?

I know you asked slappy, but I'd like to answer this too.  Gonzaga was deservedly the #1 team in the nation all season long and it will take a perfect game to knock them off.  This is their year.  Jay Bilas has said it several times, Jalen Suggs makes them national title worthy.

BYU's effort in the WCC finals was just what Coach Few ordered, as if they needed it.  How would they respond if they play a good portion of any game from behind?  Having that experience vs a top 50 opponent will serve them well.  Because in their region, they could have two potential rematches vs Virginia and Iowa / Kansas.  And I'm guessing it'd be a bit more challenging this time around.

10 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I can see the selection committee meeting next year when Nevada, CSU, SDSU, Wyoming, and BSU are all under consideration. One of the committee members will say remember the Syracuse-SDSU game. 

Doubtful...every team will have 15 non-conference game schedule to judge how we stack up.

ACC had VA Tech, UNC, Clemson, Georgia Tech all lose today.

Syracuse was the only ACC win today but they’ll have 7 bids again next year.

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

I know you asked slappy, but I'd like to answer this too.  Gonzaga was deservedly the #1 team in the nation all season long and it will take a perfect game to knock them off.  This is their year.

BYU's effort in the WCC finals was just what Coach Few ordered, as if they needed it.  How would they respond if they play a good portion of any game from behind?  Having that experience vs a top 50 opponent will serve them well.  Because in their region, they could have two potential rematches vs Virginia and Iowa / Kansas.  And I'm guessing it'd be a bit more challenging this time around.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Good luck to the Guachos

19 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

I know you asked slappy, but I'd like to answer this too.  Gonzaga was deservedly the #1 team in the nation all season long and it will take a perfect game to knock them off.  This is their year.  Jay Bilas has said it several times, Jalen Suggs makes them national title worthy.

I love betting against undefeated teams to win it all. Easy money for decades.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

14 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

ACC had VA Tech, UNC, Clemson, Georgia Tech all lose today.

Syracuse was the only ACC win today but they’ll have 7 bids again next year.

To be fair, they were the only ones that got to play a MWC team. The others had tougher draws. 

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

SDSU got pretty lucky during the regular season with their conference schedule.  

Yeah you're right.  We were able to play you twice. LOL

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I can see the selection committee meeting next year when Nevada, CSU, SDSU, Wyoming, and BSU are all under consideration. One of the committee members will say remember the Syracuse-SDSU game. 

The seeding committee does not seem to punish the MWC's yearly futility.  When was the last time an MWC team seeded 8th or higher actually played up to their seed?  It seems like forever...

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Schakel is getting good looks. I’ve never seen him shoot this bad. 

I think he was 1 for 9 vs BYU this season.  What did he end up shooting tonight?

2 hours ago, sebasour said:

The MWC moves to 22-51 all time in the tournament with 0 teams having an above .500 record

Is that just current MW teams, or does it include the tournament records for teams that are no longer in the MW (BYU, Utah, etc.)?

Just now, aztech said:

Without fans there was no home court advantage.  It was all about talent.  

BS.  Look at all the data from this year home and away across the country.  Line of sight and sight angles are a thing.  Every team shot better at home pretty much.

BYU is going to lose.

Probably because of something about the devil.

Not cuz mormons are dicks...

Definitely the devil.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

BS.  Look at all the data from this year home and away across the country.  Line of sight and sight angles are a thing.  Every team shot better at home pretty much.

How did you do at home this season?

45 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

The seeding committee does not seem to punish the MWC's yearly futility.  When was the last time an MWC team seeded 8th or higher actually played up to their seed?  It seems like forever...

18639022_G.jpg?lastEditedDate=1564575679
usatsi_10656926.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
usa_today_10711425.0.jpg

GettyImages-9337752061-1024x683.jpg

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I’ve got to think the Aztecs loss today was an anomaly. They had open shots early that they have normally been making. After that they panicked and stopped moving the ball and just started casting off 25 footers. They had shots in the key they hesitated on or tried to force it into 2-3 defenders near the basket. They played awful tight. 

It’s ironic because Syracuse forced the Aztecs into the type of game the Aztecs usually forced MWC teams into. Don’t let them have anything inside and make them beat you from the outside. It’s also ironic in that Syracuse did just that. They killed the Aztecs with perimeter shooting.