Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

NCAA Round of 64: #6 SDSU (16) vs. #11 Syracuse

It's less than 48 hours to game time. Let's get a game thread up for this sumbitch. 

It's kind of funny that we're playing the Cuse but it's our defense that's flaunted as elite. I think we match up well with them and have the players to score a shitton on their zone, especially since their defense is not as dominant as in years past. Matt and Trey live in the midrange and when their center closes they'll be able to dish to Nate or Josh. 

Awesome chance to hang a P5 on the belt and a Boeheim head trophy on the wall.

Go Aztecs!

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

SI has us picked to the Elite Eight:

Regional Finalists: Illinois and San Diego State

The top half of this region is loaded, and the bottom half is ripe for a bracket collapse. The Illini, as noted above, have all the ingredients of a Final Four team and potential national champion—but they will have to get through difficult games in rounds two (either Loyola or Georgia Tech) and three (Oklahoma State). If they survive that, they should find a major underdog waiting for them in the Elite Eight. The Aztecs haven’t lost since Jan. 16, and while not as gifted offensively as last year’s 30–2 team, they are still very tough defensively. A Matt Mitchell-Ayo Dosunmu matchup could be a treat: two versatile guards who are at their best when games are on the line.

Link

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The Aztecs have waited two years for a Dance game. They had better not blow it. 

They won't.

If Pulliam could hit his floaters better, that would be the best weapon.  If he drops 50% of his floaters, it will probably suck an extra body when he drives, opening up an open shooter on the perimeter.  Luckily, Shackel and Gomez aren't in love with corner threes, where Cuse wants them to be.

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

If Pulliam could hit his floaters better, that would be the best weapon.  If he drops 50% of his floaters, it will probably suck an extra body when he drives, opening up an open shooter on the perimeter.  Luckily, Shackel and Gomez aren't in love with corner threes, where Cuse wants them to be.

Dude have you checked out how lifeless the AMesa game thread is? By contrast, the Syracuse forum game thread is already 22 pages deep (of which I'm only responsible for maybe two :ph34r:).

Aztecs in KenPom: 45 in adjO, 11 in adjD, and 20 overall.

Orange in KenPom: 22 in adjO, 90 in adjD, and 41 overall, just behind Utah St. and four spots above FUCLA.

Aztecs NET ranking: 18

Syracuse NET ranking: 40

5 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Dude have you checked out how lifeless the AMesa game thread is? By contrast, the Syracuse forum game thread is already 22 pages deep (of which I'm only responsible for maybe two :ph34r:).

I don't do AMesa all that much, tbh.  Realistically I don't post much for basketball in general, here or there. Games are too fast for me to post, and I am more football.