Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels2k3

LVRJ on Rick Pitino: "Multiple people insist he is interested in the UNLV job after missing out in 2019 when Otzelberger was hired."

14 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Lavin would be a great hire if he brought along some good assts to do the coaching. He fits the Vegas image, the guy can recruit, and he has national contacts. If the Rebs took a chance on Rice, Menzies, and Otz, Lavin has a lot higher potential upside than those guys. He would also be great PR for UNLV and the MWC. 

Pitino sounds like a pipe dream. 

Lavin would beat the hell out of the guy from Baja Utah U.

What kind of a message does it send to your players about conditioning when at 40 you're a coach who looks like an offensive lineman? I'll answer my own question. Very little if you are coaching offensive linemen. However, it's a really bad look for a basketball coach when you're that young. My guess is you won't find Simon riding a stationary bike while checking out recruits.

5 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Lavin would beat the hell out of the guy from Baja Utah U.

What kind of a message does it send to your players about conditioning when at 40 you're a coach who looks like an offensive lineman? I'll answer my own question. Very little if you are coaching offensive linemen. However, it's a really bad look for a basketball coach when you're that young. My guess is you won't find Simon riding a stationary bike while checking out recruits.

BBB.jpg.24366ed27b45b7d8d0db5687236283ac.jpg