Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Boise State's Abu Kigab? Is he eligible to return for 2022?

Yes he is eligible. From February 23rd.

Johnny Mallory asked the question many have pondered on Idaho SportsTalk. Will Abu Kigab take advantage of the NCAA waiver and return to Boise State for a “super senior” season? “I haven’t even thought about that, honestly,” replied Kigab. “When I have to make that decision, I’ll do what’s best for me. I’m excited.” 

Not what I heard. I heard he said, "You bet your sweet ass I'm coming back. I can't wait to get healed up and hit the court again. Everyone's excited for this coming year, we should be pretty competitive, and we're looking forward to coach Rice leading us to a 5th place finish in conference."

2 hours ago, TrueAg said:

Not what I heard. I heard he said, "You bet your sweet ass I'm coming back. I can't wait to get healed up and hit the court again. Everyone's excited for this coming year, we should be pretty competitive, and we're looking forward to coach Rice leading us to a 5th place finish in conference."

Which is higher than USU finishes without Queta and Smith. 

21 hours ago, namssa said:

Everyone is eligible to return next year.

^^^This^^^. This season was a freebie for everyone, anyone can comeback or transfer without penalty or waiting (technically the transfer part hasn't been made official yet, but it will be in the next few weeks). Should be some crazy roster turnover on tons of schools next season. 

13 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

LOL. Broken record. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

17 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Smith > Rice in every way, even without those two. Bank on it.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Head-to-head Rice leads 3-2.

Compare their MWC Tourney records. Smith wins when you need to. Leon pees down his leg.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

17 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

image.png.68c5fcc59ad9b01aad66733e83165ed1.png

They bring in two freshman, RJ Keene and Tyson Deganhart.  Should be able to add a couple of transfers, too.

Start Doutrive, Akot, Armus, Shaver and Kigab.   Do that often and get them used to playing with each other since they're all transfers.  Most talented, highest upside roster ever for the Broncos IMO.

9 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Start Doutrive, Akot, Armus, Shaver and Kigab.   Do that often and get them used to playing with each other since they're all transfers.  Most talented, highest upside roster ever for the Broncos IMO.

With the way Akot and Doutrive came on late, when Rice and Ray J turned to shit and Alston just lost it, was encouraging.  Bad coaching letting Ray J and Rice take so many minutes when they clearly were playing so horrible, game after game.

Very encouraging that Kigab will return. I think he was and is the most valuable player on the team. His high energy play and leadership, not to mention he was our best defender, are going to be huge for next years team. 

I suspect we will see big improvement from all the guys who had to sit for a year prior to playing last year. Akots shot started coming around the last month of the season. Doutrive steadily improved and was playing his best at the end of the season. I had the feeling at times those guys sacrificed their games to let Alston do his thing. Armus won’t score a lot, but is a good rebounder and defender. I think we’ll also see a jump in Milners game which was pretty good at times last year. 

We won’t miss Alston as much as some might think. What he gave us in scoring, which was very inconsistent from game to game, he gave up in poor defense. I can’t count how many times guys had to switch to his man when Alston got beat. The biggest issue next year will be the same as last year, a lack of consistent perimeter shooting. Defense should be better without Alston. Not sure how much impact the two freshmen recruits will have. We could use a PG from the portal that can shoot the three. 

I’m looking forward to watching these guys in person. I don’t think we’ll see the same hype as we saw prior to last season. It’s going to be more of a wait and see expectation. I’m cautiously optimistic. 

10 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Very encouraging that Kigab will return. I think he was and is the most valuable player on the team. His high energy play and leadership, not to mention he was our best defender, are going to be huge for next years team. 

I suspect we will see big improvement from all the guys who had to sit for a year prior to playing last year. Akots shot started coming around the last month of the season. Doutrive steadily improved and was playing his best at the end of the season. I had the feeling at times those guys sacrificed their games to let Alston do his thing. Armus won’t score a lot, but is a good rebounder and defender. I think we’ll also see a jump in Milners game which was pretty good at times last year. 

We won’t miss Alston as much as some might think. What he gave us in scoring, which was very inconsistent from game to game, he gave up in poor defense. I can’t count how many times guys had to switch to his man when Alston got beat. The biggest issue next year will be the same as last year, a lack of consistent perimeter shooting. Defense should be better without Alston. Not sure how much impact the two freshmen recruits will have. We could use a PG from the portal that can shoot the three. 

I’m looking forward to watching these guys in person. I don’t think we’ll see the same hype as we saw prior to last season. It’s going to be more of a wait and see expectation. I’m cautiously optimistic. 

Ray J leaving is a huge addition by subtraction, as well.  

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ray J leaving is a huge addition by subtraction, as well.  

Depends on which Ray J you’re referring to. The one that scored 19 points in several minutes against USU and the guy that started the last season firing on all cylinders for us, or the guy that couldn’t seem to hit shots and kept turning the ball over at the end of the season.

I can’t recall a BSU player that had such a drastic downhill slide. Very puzzling to say the least. Now watch him blow up for Toledo. In any case we need a PG from the portal that can consistently hit the three and defend guys like Sherfield. 

20 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

They bring in two freshman, RJ Keene and Tyson Deganhart.  Should be able to add a couple of transfers, too.

Forgot about Kobe Young, another ‘21 signee. So maybe only  1 more transfer unless they give someone else the boot.