Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Vacations

We were supposed to go on a whisky tour in Scotland last year with some freinds. The pandemic has cost us a shitton of money, so idk if we'll be able to reschedule that this year, but we are talking about a Maui trip ourselves sometime maybe in June or July. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

With COVID and the baby, our travel plans are quite modest this year. Going back to Idaho in June, spending a few days up in McCall. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Going to Arizona in a month for a couple days to visit the in-laws, planning a Wyoming visit in June and hunting with my dad in October. Decent amount of camping trips planned around Washington/Oregon too. There's a lot of stuff out here to explore. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

My wife and I had our honeymoon to Hawaii postponed due to Covid, but now we are looking at a possible December stay on the Big Island and Oahu for a week.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

25 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I just booked a two week stay in Maui for this summer for some seriously needed downtime. 

Anybody else traveling this year? I think it will be a record year for the travel and tourism industry. 

Nice, i lived in Maui for 6 years, beautiful island forsure.

We have a 3 week trip beginning of May to the Dutch ABCs (Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao). After SCUBA diving a few times 'illegally', we're both going to finally get officially certified out there and get to do a sunken ship plus the normal exploring. Super stoked to finally travel again, it's been exactly a year since we were last outside this country.

Heading to Vegas in May to visit some of my wife’s family. Vegas again if the NFL approves the 17 game schedule and the Bears go to Vegas. San Diego at some point to visit my friends/family, hit a Dodgers/Padres game, and take my kid to the SD Zoo. My wife really wants to go to Hawaii, so probably will go there later in the year. 

1 hour ago, ridgeview2 said:

My wife and I had our honeymoon to Hawaii postponed due to Covid, but now we are looking at a possible December stay on the Big Island and Oahu for a week.

The Big Island is where we spent ours; I'm sure December can't come fast enough.

My dad is half Scottish and half Norwegian. When I was eight, he took me to visit our ancestral clan house. However, he has never visited the home of his Norwegian lineage, and I hope to return the favor and do exactly that with him next year. 

I don't have anything big on the schedule as things stand now. I'm headed out to Denver for a few days for my cousin's wedding in July. From there, I may head out to the valley to visit family for a week as well. 

I’m going to go back to New Mexico for a couple of weeks this summer to see my parents. On the way back we will probably hit the Grand Canyon for a few days. I really want to go to Spain, but I’m in wait and see mode because of COVID.

My wife and I each have a sibling getting married this year. Between that and an annual family reunion/camping trip over 4th of July, we probably don't have much time to get away to do anything else.

I've been dying to make a road trip over to see the Oregon coast since I moved to Boise, but have never made it work up to this point. Hopefully we can find a week in late summer to make it happen.

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I just booked a two week stay in Maui for this summer for some seriously needed downtime. 

Anybody else traveling this year? I think it will be a record year for the travel and tourism industry. 

A lot of places will not be accepting Americans so it will be domestic travel or the really hard up tourist places like Mexico or carribean islands.  Doubt Europe, Japan, or Korea will be open to Americans.

My son lives in Taiwan and that is where I go visit next when I can.  Japan also high on the list to revisit.

Hawaii is talking a vaccine passport, negative test, or quarantine system

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

I’m going to go back to New Mexico for a couple of weeks this summer to see my parents. On the way back we will probably hit the Grand Canyon for a few days. I really want to go to Spain, but I’m in wait and see mode because of COVID.

I've been to Spain and had a great time. I think you're wise to wait, your time will come and you'll have fun. Check out Malaga. You can catch a train there from Madrid. It's awesome! 

SP-map.jpg

My wife and I are going to South Africa whenever the pandemic is behind us. I'm a big rugby fan and the sport is very popular there. And we both love nature travel and will keep busy checking out all the animals that live in Kruger National Park.

s0daJW35tb8jIb5PPyMaw35cnLo0wmOtVGr3-yEtg_1z2Es376NITMXQDSabAH4y5tfxbhJM_JV99rOmv0p3BM2UAb66ig1fwzBgfBpSP04n3Aqk7TvgZhK0NuMhL-67GV_LAmatQbMNYiyFzjZQ2pvevEPBNVHR4jApmfoQRIfB3r4cD9QWMe3edoLvvREI9rgUslYnzsRjCujtfeKiTua3LN8cxbBoSrg-Zw_CH5m0WnrRVp1kKVGO4BFK-9deYTJakXmSm5ZhOQSd3DAY9EG-xRz3umExV0In227hxqfY6C81kyBVk8KrZHWAtON0STfxND4PUfqpcF7LUM5V0Te-r25WUjcML6n4De2-5i4W-NiuWto1SfXcVfYnvEriJfrS7XutIzlQ1mBYhHd28A1dtr4AUy2BwFAIOYqCE2AWw0-26KBDuwn4KDpxfyax780z_zdJ9G1FuhBIWA3DMlG1Jf93oBmUPt6VG2wzW0OdTBArDlH-sRRHPErU6CnTfLNeN8uG54Y2RjgzKKhHPd1Gq6aRLzkg279-lc90KwCABnbErD2bhakibDLbkuhyaAtPjMgh662Crxi2g-7N-jlaHCztYfJQpYq3PHjuW7a86UvuPA2h7P3aTmvgFWllTFxwLFf9_zMhvepUOOPGyARctOtNavPj8qOhYTb6fa6kSG3h5rz94EerQJrkYvahHToLyYkwL629c5reJixMJCOj=w190-h266-no?authuser=0  Kruger National Park South Africa Stickers - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed |  Zazzle

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

The Big Island is where we spent ours; I'm sure December can't come fast enough.

That's the truth, I'm just ready for all this to be over. I've taken up golf these last few months after not touching my clubs for 2 years. Now that I'm wanting to travel I want to hit the links everywhere I go. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 hour ago, crixus said:

I've been to Spain and had a great time. I think you're wise to wait, your time will come and you'll have fun. Check out Malaga. You can catch a train there from Madrid. It's awesome! 

My wife and I are going to South Africa whenever the pandemic is behind us. I'm a big rugby fan and the sport is very popular there. And we both love nature travel and will keep busy checking out all the animals that live in Kruger National Park.

My wife's boss travels all over the world, and it surprised me when he said South Africa was his favorite place he's traveled to.

Going to Cabo for a week to celebrate my youngest sons graduation from high school.  Did Cancun for my oldest son and had a blast.  Taking both boys this trip also.  Deep sea fishing and golf and hanging in the beach is all I want to do while there.

23 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Was planning on going to the Olympics to watch my child play but it is increasingly looking like no spectators allowed 😢

Damn, that really sucks. 🙁

No traveling until the girlfriend and I get our vaccine shots, I don’t believe states will loosen eligibility restrictions May 1st as Biden has stated.  Hopefully by the fall it will happen and we can start planning something.