Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

I’m Gonna Laugh So Hard If Steve Alford Winds Up At Indiana

23 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Dana Altman is an interesting name being mentioned.   He'd probably be a good fit.  I don't know what his buyout is or if he's even interested.  But just flirting with them could get him a raise.  

I think Altman is making $4M/yr at Oregon.  IU has deep pockets so they could probably give him a raise, but OU has deep pockets, too. My guess is Altman is looking to use this as leverage for a raise, if he is even interested.

4 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

I think Altman is making $4M/yr at Oregon.  IU has deep pockets so they could probably give him a raise, but OU has deep pockets, too. My guess is Altman is looking to use this as leverage for a raise, if he is even interested.

Thad Matta is also an interesting name.  No buyout concerns and they could hire him today if there was mutual interest.  They don't have to wait until the tournament is over for their coach to hit the ground running. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

My wife went to CU for grad school. I lived in Denver for years while she was there. Great town. But feels sort of  “superficial??” 

yeah, I get that, Boulder is a beautiful place but somehow just not "real"

I'm biased of course but the CU campus is pretty special

13 minutes ago, renoskier said:

But why would he be interested in leaving Eugene?

Once again a lateral move. 

There have been rumors that he wants to go back to the mid west.  He might be ready for a move.  Who knows?  It wouldn't surprise anyone if Indiana was interested. 

Barack Obama

28 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

There have been rumors that he wants to go back to the mid west.  He might be ready for a move.  Who knows?  It wouldn't surprise anyone if Indiana was interested. 

the Iowa St fans have talked about that a lot, they think he might be interested in Iowa St. The news about Indiana will deflate them.

5 hours ago, Amaru523 said:

I agree 100%.  The only problem is, I have zero confidence our admin will hire a proper replacement.

Cofield and them said that DRF is on the short list for the Kansas AD job.

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Thad Matta is also an interesting name.  No buyout concerns and they could hire him today if there was mutual interest.  They don't have to wait until the tournament is over for their coach to hit the ground running. 

Don't get me started on Thad Matta. He played UNLV like a fiddle before we hired Otz.

Though, I think IU may have a legit shot at hiring him. I think his buyout with OSU has run out or will run out in this year.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I have a hard time believing she would take that job.

Why? That has to be one of the best AD jobs out there.  You have zero pressure to be good at football and whenever your basketball program needs a coach you can poach just about anyone you want. I have a middle schooler who could do that job.

13 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Well, back in the day I might have known one or two..  or ten.  :P

maybe their kids have picked up the profession?

15 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

Don't get me started on Thad Matta. He played UNLV like a fiddle before we hired Otz.

Though, I think IU may have a legit shot at hiring him. I think his buyout with OSU has run out or will run out in this year.

Thad played you guys?  I thought that whole thing was a silly rumor. People were saying he or his sister had a house in Vegas.  None of it, including TM's interest in the program was true.

Is that not the case?

Barack Obama