Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

I’m Gonna Laugh So Hard If Steve Alford Winds Up At Indiana

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If Muss leaves Arky for another school, it won't be about the money.  Arky can pay whatever amount they need to. 

IMO, When Muss moves, it will be to the NBA. 

Yeah, I can't see him moving for another college job.

And I really question whether he has the temperament for an NBA gig.

Just now, renoskier said:

Yeah, I can't see him moving for another college job.

And I really question whether he has the temperament for an NBA gig.

UCLA should have snagged him when they had the chance. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

If Muss leaves Ark for another college job, it will be for other reasons than money.   Minn is going to go after Muss and Dutch as both their fathers have a history their as at the head coach.  Dutch and Medved also went there for school.  Could be interesting times for MW coaches this off season.

11 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If Muss leaves Arky for another school, it won't be about the money.  Arky can pay whatever amount they need to. 

IMO, When Muss moves, it will be to the NBA. 

I think Muss is about the adulation and history of college basketball so I think IU is a program that would appeal to him. And the guy moves. A lot! So I’m not even sure staying in one place is important. Bloomington is about as nice as it gets as college towns are concerned. 

Just now, NevadaFan said:

I think Muss is about the adulation and history of college basketball so I think IU is a program that would appeal to him. And the guy moves. A lot! So I’m not even sure staying in one place is important. Bloomington is about as nice as it gets as college towns are concerned. 

And per Alford, I’ve read that IU admin soured on Alford as he was too loyal to Knight. Now, I know that breakup was ugly, but you don’t hire someone because they are loyal? That makes no sense to me. And I get that Knight’s persona is either you like me or hate me, the guy wasn’t in trouble with the NCAA, and he graduated players. ALL OF THEM. 

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

I've spent some time near Indianapolis in the winter, and I wouldn't consider it to be all that nice, weather-wise.  Is Bloomington much better?

4 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Fayetteville's not too shabby; and about the same size. :shrug:

15 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

UCLA should have snagged him when they had the chance. 

This. I see why he takes that job. He is an ego in a town of egos - and he could really sell an already great brand. I get that Arkansas is a much better job than most, I just didn’t get that fit?? Granted... I have an awful opinion of the south, so... 

3 minutes ago, Pelado said:

I've spent some time near Indianapolis in the winter, and I wouldn't consider it to be all that nice, weather-wise.  Is Bloomington much better?

Yeah. Agree on weather and upper-Midwest. But I love Bloomington. My favorite campus by a mile. 

Not happening 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 hours ago, HoosierRebel said:

As an IU alum, I don't want him. Alford is a good coach, but he is not great.  Some people are saying IU is going to hire Brad Stevens or Tony Bennett.  I would love either of those hires, but I don't think there is any real chance that happens.  I'd be pretty happy with Scott Drew or John Beilein, who are both reportedly on the short list. I've heard some rumblings about Muss being on the list. As much as I hated him at UNR, he'd be a decent choice, though I think he would be a short timer as I believe his end goal is to coach in the NBA.

Dana Altman is an interesting name being mentioned.   He'd probably be a good fit.  I don't know what his buyout is or if he's even interested.  But just flirting with them could get him a raise.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

I don't see any chance that Muss would leave Arkansas for Indiana.

Lateral move. Why? :shrug:

I'm thinking downward. This has not been the Hoosier Express of my childhood or early adult years. Only two Sweet 16's in 20 years and no tourney appearances in the last six.

Ouch.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor