Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Game Thread: Selection Show

3 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

I don't think you understand transitive properties. They don't just apply to Colorado State.

I don't understand what you're chiming in on. A guy is tried to claim that Team A didn't belong in because Team B played Team C tougher than Team A did.

I feel that's a very shallow way of evaluating a resume and ignores dozens of other data points.

36 minutes ago, Lobonado said:

Pac-12 got 5 teams in! How??

They were close to only getting three. OSU wouldn’t have been in if not for the auto and UCLA was a hair from missing the tournament.

Here’s the official seed list:

BD9D5394-B85A-4D83-BD51-D2C0D81FDAB1.png.55aca668a4fd75141bd1e38fb38fa8c6.png

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

8 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I don't understand what you're chiming in on. A guy is tried to claim that Team A didn't belong in because Team B played Team C tougher than Team A did.

I feel that's a very shallow way of evaluating a resume and ignores dozens of other data points.

It may be a very shallow way of examining a resume, but like it or not, it does come into play when humans make decisions about a playoff system rather than a list of rules or tiebreakers that must be followed. The NFL uses tiebreakers, not a committee to set their playoffs. In this sense, the transitive property absolutely could affect the seeding or exclusion of nearly any team in the tournament, Colorado State included.

It is precisely how a team with a net in the 70s or 80s can get an at-large bid after beating, say 3 of the 4 #1 seeds in the field (Michigan State).

4 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

They won’t make it past Houston but that’s still a good run for them to the sweet 16.

Aztec defense would give Houston fits. They also have the size and athletes to keep Houston off the boards. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Aztec defense would give Houston fits. They also have the size and athletes to keep Houston off the boards. 

I’d say the same about Houston, I don’t think SDSU matches up with them on the things you mentioned.  That’s three rounds in so there’s plenty of good ball before then.  I love March. 

38 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Memphis should have gotten in but I’m happy the way things unfolded for the MW.  

Colorado State had a more compelling argument than Memphis.  Wichita certainly played their way in, they will be a tough out if they get past Drake.

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Colorado State had a more compelling argument than Memphis.  Wichita certainly played their way in, they will be a tough out if they get past Drake.

I would’ve liked to see CSU in as well but Memphis is so much better in every way than CSU I can’t pick the Rams in an either-or scenario in good conscience.  I’d have liked to see both in.

18 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I would’ve liked to see CSU in as well but Memphis is so much better in every way than CSU I can’t pick the Rams in an either-or scenario in good conscience.  I’d have liked to see both in.

Coaching for starters.  Cohesiveness as well.  Would be a good NIT matchup

1 hour ago, sebasour said:

How many pages do we think we can get this guy to whine about this topic?

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Memphis should have gotten in but I’m happy the way things unfolded for the MW.  

Memphis missed out on too many Q1 wins. I'd love to have that Auburn game to play over again but hey, it is what it is. Considering 7 months ago I thought I may not get a Memphis football/basketball season I'm happy with how it's turned out.

mem skyline sig.jpeg