Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Game Thread: Selection Show

Big questions

Can SDSU avoid the 8/9 game? They would have basically been a lock for that seed if they lost to USU BUT that W over USU gives them one quad 1 win. This year more so than an average year there is a noticeable decrease from the 1 seeds and 2 seeds. 

Which will be the 2nd MW team in? I kinda feel they will give us two. Will it be CSU (worse NET but still better resume "on paper") or USU (better NET, won head to head 2-1, made it farther in MWT)\

Or how about the 1 in a 100 chance the NCAA puts but CSU AND USU in as two of the last four. Both play in PIG games and we could be on the way to earning more NCAAT credits than we have in a long while. 

Both Lunardi and Palm have recently updated their brackets and released their final versions with SDSU as a #7.
Lunardi had us as a #6 previously and Palm had us as a #9 previously, so I'm guessing they have some inside info and that's where we'll land.

I think we deserve higher but I will be content as long as we stay off the 8/9 seedline.

Hoping for the best for both Utah St. and CSU.

0 quad one games, a 2-4 Quad 2 record, and a 12 seed.  I'll take it.

Big West was quietly better this year as a whole.

10 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

0 quad one games, a 2-4 Quad 2 record, and a 12 seed.  I'll take it.

Big West was quietly better this year as a whole.

I'm totally taking UCSB in my bracket.  Not sure how they dropped those early games, but watching them recently I'm pretty impressed.  Really like the different mix of guys on that squad.