Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Non con games

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

Watching Rick Pitino take Iona to the NCAA tournament in his first year..

DRF shouldn't have been on her high horse, lol. He'd have kicked ass here.

This is their fifth straight year in the tournament.  Let's not act like he turned around the program.  He may well have done well at UNLV, but there aren't too many places he has been where trouble didn't follow.

5 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

This is their fifth straight year in the tournament.  Let's not act like he turned around the program.  He may well have done well at UNLV, but there aren't too many places he has been where trouble didn't follow.

Yeah, I remember what trouble looks like, and I'd be ok with a little at this point, lol.

But supposedly he's playing it cool now, don't ya know.. :D

3 minutes ago, PlayersinVegas said:

tbh Rick would be the perfect Coach for Vegas they just match

He belongs here. :cheers: And I think he would've stayed, think of what he could build in Vegas.

But it won't happen now, UNLV had their chance.

9 minutes ago, B_Lootz said:

Georgetown on a 18-0 run to break a tie game wide open.. doubling up Creighton 36-18 at the half. Looking like the Hoyas are gong to steal a bid from someone... CSU and USU fans on alert.

They are, they've been playing like this for a while it's finally paying off. 

Someone needs to explain the bracketologists’ love affair with Drake. I think USU and CSU both have far better resumes than they do. They have a 1-point win over Loyola at home and that’s about it. Not to mention a terrible Q4 loss to Valpo, whose NET ranking is in the 200s. They should be below both schools in the S-curve pecking order.

20 minutes ago, B_Lootz said:

Someone needs to explain the bracketologists’ love affair with Drake. I think USU and CSU both have far better resumes than they do. They have a 1-point win over Loyola at home and that’s about it. Not to mention a terrible Q4 loss to Valpo, whose NET ranking is in the 200s. They should be below both schools in the S-curve pecking order.

And they may be below them. The bracketologists don’t pick the field. It is the selection committee that does that and nothing is official until it is official. 

44 minutes ago, B_Lootz said:

I remember CSU had like a 1 loss record or something and didn't make it. Or they where ranked 25 and didn't make it lol

NMSU getting blown out.

The WAC should be getting a small boost next year with the teams they're adding. Aggies are still the biggest program in this league, but I do wonder if that'll provide a bit more parity to this league

1 minute ago, jdgaucho said:

Our turn

My default in these conference tourney games that I have no rooting interest in, is to root for the team on a bigger drought.

So best of luck Gauchos!