Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State offseason Football Thread

42 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Have you been to Utah? It's super ugly. Please never come here. It doesn't have a booming economy. 

It has tons of tumbleweeds and is a giant cow town. For sure, never come here. It's an absolutely terrible place to live.

Ahh yes, the old empty ‘you want to argue with someone but aren’t able to’ trope.  It’s cute, it really is.  

52 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

If Boise State was smart, they would start a campaign to change that thinking. Start by lowering prices -- maybe market the end zone seating with some catchy nickname that locals adore -- to appeal to those blue collar folks in the valley.

They just renewed the "blue collar" season package.  I bought that this year because I'm in Spokane and can only make a couple of games per year.  $184 for 6 games, but you get random tickets every game. Probably will just give the in-laws the tickets for the games  we can't make it down for.

The season tickets I want are $690 a piece (basically all of the ones not in the corners/endzone are that much) which is still too pricey for me - at least until I move back to the treasure valley.

1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Outpricing locals and filling newly build luxury suites with California liberals will certainly not help that narrative.

If Boise State was smart, they would start a campaign to change that thinking. Start by lowering prices -- maybe market the end zone seating with some catchy nickname that locals adore -- to appeal to those blue collar folks in the valley. While at the same time, put a spin on things by pushing a narrative to claim that Moscow is the real libtard factory ( I mean, they practically cancelled their football program for crying out loud, they must hate America!!). It should be easy to have masses of Idahoans rally around Boise State football again in no time.

Something tells me California liberals aren’t going to be too interested in BSU football.  Think your blue collar package is safe.  

36 minutes ago, utenation said:

I’m not too worried. A lot of our job growth is tech, finance, real estate, medical etc...

If Woosh came to town, his options would be limited. 

79856254-BE49-45CF-A3B1-D6C3AC035814.jpeg

I wasn’t directing the ‘cows and tumbleweeds’ at your state specifically nor did I mean anything negative by it.  When I came to the states in the 80’s that’s what Florida was like exactly, cows and tumbleweeds.  Orange groves of the 90’s are mid and high rise concrete jungles now.  It’s ubiquitous, not specific to you.  Again nothing negative in my words.

On 4/2/2021 at 6:46 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That looks awesome.  Really happy for the Utes and the upgrades they have made to take full advantage of their situation.

With Boise, let's face it.  The stadium can't be saved and will never be "not ugly".  It's an ugly stadium.  However the fan experience can and has been improved.  The stadium would never be allowed to be built today.  The second deck is waaay too steep to the point it is downright dangerous.  However it comes with perks.  The  angle of the upper decks makes it very loud. much louder than other 30-40k seat stadiums.  It's no SEC stadium for noise but it's loud, make no mistake.  She's ugly, but the girl puts out.

Eh, tear out the athletic center and build a new one that includes classrooms for exercise science and kinesiology, that way you can use student fees.  While doing that bridge the south side gap to match the rest of the stadium. I think eventually - long down the road the football facility will be hidden by new stands, or build them over top of the offices like UW did.  The field also has to be lowered, which could easily be done in the offseason (Michigan State did it). 

I did like the idea of building a large skybox on the east side that incorporated a hotel and parking garage.  

2 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Ahh yes, the old empty ‘you want to argue with someone but aren’t able to’ trope.  It’s cute, it really is.  

I doubt you've ever spent much time here and you don't know dick about how things are here.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

I doubt you've ever spent much time here and you don't know dick about how things are here.

Anyone that claims "just about everywhere is growing" like the states I mentioned clearly hasn't been out of his state or even house the last 5-10 years. And god forbid you actually use a tool called google before you spout off.

2 hours ago, utenation said:

Anyone that claims "just about everywhere is growing" like the states I mentioned clearly hasn't been out of his state or even house the last 5-10 years. And god forbid you actually use a tool called google before you spout off.

Please pull your head out of the sand.  Let’s put it this way-if the intermountain west is growing there’s a high chance is also happening elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Please pull your head out of the sand.  Let’s put it this way-if the intermountain west is growing there’s a high chance is also happening elsewhere.

Sincere question. Did you even make it through Jr. High? Or did you follow family tradition and start work at the local Trojan condom factory at 14?

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Let me guess. You're wildly wealthy, you +++++ supermodels,  you run your passive income through a variety of offshore entities, and you hold seats on many important corporate boards.

Or you shovel shit.

It's probably closer to the latter.

Yep. The anonymous message board millionaire.  We’ve seen this movie before. 

On 4/5/2021 at 6:28 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

General growth, along with property value, in the states mentioned, with Idaho leading the way, is severely outpacing all other stateside areas; irrefutable.. 

Common knowledge, yo..

New-Signature.jpg

Don't forget the famous B-52 song and the movie Napolean Dynamite-both proud reps that illustrate the pride of that state!

2 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Don't forget the famous B-52 song and the movie Napolean Dynamite-both proud reps that illustrate the pride of that state!

napoleon dynamite GIF

An Idahoan also invented the television, which became a pretty big deal.