Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Boise State offseason Football Thread

QB Battle - I think we have two separate battles.

Hank (SO) vs. Jack (JR) will be fighting for the #1 spot. Although Hank has a huge advantage, Jack could close the gap with his more all-around skillset.  Who's the best fit for Plough's new offense?

Also - Finnegan (FR) vs. Peters (walk-on FR) vs. Green (FR).  Green just arrived on campus but is the most talented athletically and is huge (6'-6", 213).  Finnegan (6'-2", 188) needs to win this battle in order to avoid the conversation where coaches encourage him to consider transferring to the FCS for playing time. Peters, the local walk-on, is intriguing because he is the most pocket-passer-esque of the three - which could fit Plough's O better. 

3 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise will also need to find replacements for outgoing starters:

RT Nick Crabtree

TE John Bates

CB/Returner Avery Williams

CB Jalen Walker

They look to return nearly everyone else off the two-deep.

TE is set with Smith and Hopper.  Should see little drop off and maybe even improvement at the position.  RT was the weakest link last year on the O-line, not sad to see Crabtree not return.

CB is a concern.  4-5 guys who could get the start.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

CB is a concern.  4-5 guys who could get the start.

Agreed.  First game against one of the most efficient QBs in college football with some studs at WR.  Shouldn't take long to see if they've got what it takes.

On 3/12/2021 at 4:28 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

QB Battle - I think we have two separate battles.

Hank (SO) vs. Jack (JR) will be fighting for the #1 spot. Although Hank has a huge advantage, Jack could close the gap with his more all-around skillset.  Who's the best fit for Plough's new offense?

Also - Finnegan (FR) vs. Peters (walk-on FR) vs. Green (FR).  Green just arrived on campus but is the most talented athletically and is huge (6'-6", 213).  Finnegan (6'-2", 188) needs to win this battle in order to avoid the conversation where coaches encourage him to consider transferring to the FCS for playing time. Peters, the local walk-on, is intriguing because he is the most pocket-passer-esque of the three - which could fit Plough's O better. 

Jack, Jack - he's got your back!!

DSC_6879.JPG

New-Signature.jpg

6 hours ago, justsurvive said:

Please, not another COVIDized season.  I can't take another one.

...Tromp needs to step it up in that department..

Put pressure on folks; not rocket science...; No attendance at BSU games is a travesty...  I wonder if it’s related to the state’s K-12 education standards?

Get people in the stadium.  Just look at How Jerry, and others, do it...

New-Signature.jpg