Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Alford to IU?

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

Alford left Indiana 35 years ago.  Maybe, at one time, there was a fit for him and the Indiana folks.  It is just as likely that time has passed and it is not on the radar for either party.

I thought this until I listened to a podcast recently about IU basketball, Alford, and his connection to what IU used to be, and where it is now. So I’m not so sure?? Alford is STILL a legend at the high school level, and at the college level there. And IU desperately needs direction. That’s a job he takes yesterday. He should have already been there.

I hope I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, nvspuds said:

I do wonder if Alford every had any interest in coaching Indiana due to this relationship..

I don't think he does. IU fans are nearly as delusional as UNLV fans.  Nobody wants to deal with that.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Just now, SDSUfan said:

I don't think he does. IU fans are nearly as delusional as UNLV fans.  Nobody wants to deal with that.

The podcast also mentioned that... Indiana hs basketball used to fill the rosters of IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, etc. with kids from that region. Not as much these days. Harder to get kids there when the job used to recruit itself. 

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

The podcast also mentioned that... Indiana hs basketball used to fill the rosters of IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, etc. with kids from that region. Not as much these days. Harder to get kids there when the job used to recruit itself. 

Alford fits at Nevada. He'll probably win the conference next year. He's not going anywhere.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

Alford fits at Nevada. He'll probably win the conference next year. He's not going anywhere.

I hope you're right with him staying.  I wasn't a big Alford fan when he was hired but that changed real fast.  He has been great with the community.  

1 minute ago, packNV said:

I hope you're right with him staying.  I wasn't a big Alford fan when he was hired but that changed real fast.  He has been great with the community.  

You guys are lucky to have him. The entire MWC is lucky to have him.  He brings a playing style based on teamwork and toughness that requires every team to raise their level of play. I hope he stays too.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

10 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I like Alford andI I hope he sticks around. However, Johnson, Fox and Mussleman parlayed a successful run at Nevada into high major gigs..Coaches come and go.  

it will always be this way.

I am not going to worry about Alford.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

24 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

I like Alford andI I hope he sticks around. However, Johnson, Fox and Mussleman parlayed a successful run at Nevada into high major gigs..Coaches come and go.  

He's already had two of those.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I have a better chance of sleeping with a supermodel than Steve Alford does of being the head coach at Indiana.

Let's be clear here, you meant male supermodel.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Well they for sure shouldn’t hire anybody UNLV has expressed interest in. We know how great you guys are at picking coaches. 

Alford to UNLV.............it will be RED DEFECTION 2.0 !!!

Jeff Horton from Nevada to UNLV was RED DEFECTION 1.0