Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Aggies Basketball - is this the year that USU gets past the first round of the NCAA tourney?

21 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Call me crazy but I'm thinking of opening up a shop selling Justin Bean Voodoo dolls in Lubbock.  I might just buy one myself.  My gut tells me that he and Queta will drive TT batty.  If either Miller or Bairstow can get hot for a few minutes, this game could get away from TT.

Tech is not a good rebounding team. Bean is going to have a field day. Still, athletic teams have always been the Aggies Achilles heel. Other than Queta the others will struggle to score. 

On 3/14/2021 at 8:51 AM, madmartigan said:

Bad matchup. The very best defender now in the NBA was on that team and completely shut Sam Merrill down. 

It's not Rudy Gobert ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I wish this was the year the aggies were going to win, but TT will be a really tough matchup for us.  They play with great intensity and have really athletic guards, 2 of the things we struggle against.  If they can somehow get Queta going he might neutralize some of it.  I do think the aggies defensively will be solid enough to win, but we struggle offensively.  The 2 keys for an aggie victory from my perspective are, <12 turnovers and shoot at least 38% from 3.  We struggle when we turn the ball over and our 3 point shooting overall has been poor this year.  If we do those things we would have a decent shot in my opinion for the victory.

8 hours ago, Aggie84025 said:

I wish this was the year the aggies were going to win, but TT will be a really tough matchup for us.  They play with great intensity and have really athletic guards, 2 of the things we struggle against.  If they can somehow get Queta going he might neutralize some of it.  I do think the aggies defensively will be solid enough to win, but we struggle offensively.  The 2 keys for an aggie victory from my perspective are, <12 turnovers and shoot at least 38% from 3.  We struggle when we turn the ball over and our 3 point shooting overall has been poor this year.  If we do those things we would have a decent shot in my opinion for the victory.

Nice analysis. Good to see an Aggie fan that thinks with his head instead of his heart.

4 hours ago, slappy said:

Queta will get his but won't go off.  The utah guards are not good enough.  10 to 15 point loss.  I am loading up

Your hatred for all things Aggie must be seen through to the end!

3 hours ago, TrueAg said:

Your hatred for all things Aggie must be seen through to the end!

I don't believe I am wrong.  And I would never gamble with feelings.  I am betting your perimeter is not up to the task and that queta doesn't get 35.  Pretty straight forward.  Are you betting they win or cover?