Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Does she apply for every open, P5, job? 

I hope vegas gets lucky again and someone takes her off your hands. 

When does her contract run out?  If I'm vegas, I don't renew it.  They need someone who wants to be there.

She has one year left on her contract and to this point it has NOT been renewed. 

And yes, she applies for every P5 AD opening.

12 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

She has one year left on her contract and to this point it has NOT been renewed. 

And yes, she applies for every P5 AD opening.

If Vegas renews her, your prez may need to hire a security team.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If Vegas renews her, your prez may need to hire a security team.

Lets hope Northwestern is in need of some gender, racial and cultural diversity.  I am sure she checks the boxes for all of them.

If their diversity numbers look good and this hire is based on merit, we are screwed.

freddie.jpg.5aceb84ca5f7562f3c5591560213fb92.jpg

3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

elite.jpg.b1a0d1756dcf299dfae5eb74fd8f56b9.jpg

All of the UCs even the newer campus' are land grants so it's going to happen.  This will reduce funding to Nevada so Sandoval is of course trying to protect it as well as he can.    Traditionally Nevada received more per student because of maintenance of old buildings  that have to be heated in the winter.  Not anymore, the South didn't think that was fair.  The list goes on & on.  With all the South has taken away I understand why the North resents the South but I never understood why the South resents the North so much.    

I'll never get the DRF hate. She is better than TKM and Livengood. She has elevated all other programs outside of basketball and football. Otzelberger wasn't the guy but early review on Kruger feels good all around the fanbase. Jury is still out on Arroyo as last season shouldn't even count as a record with all the other factors. I don't want to go back to Hauck days. 

2 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

All of the UCs even the newer campus' are land grants so it's going to happen.  This will reduce funding to Nevada so Sandoval is of course trying to protect it as well as he can.    Traditionally Nevada received more per student because of maintenance of old buildings  that have to be heated in the winter.  Not anymore, the South didn't think that was fair.  The list goes on & on.  With all the South has taken away I understand why the North resents the South but I never understood why the South resents the North so much.    

People don't like northern moochers who take money that we earn down south to fund your pathetic projects that have no business even existing without us.

We never even get so much as a thank you for keeping you lowlifes going.

RenoSucks.jpg.dcbd11b40f7fd311e27a0ae1f7ad0693.jpg

1 minute ago, wolfan8431 said:

None of the stuff they've "taken away" really matters.  There is no question regarding which is the better school.  All of the vegas hate is just plain envy.  

Vegas is a commuter school, with a shitty campus, located in a ghetto.  None of that has changed.  Of course they are jealous.

Barack Obama

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

None of the stuff they've "taken away" really matters.  There is no question regarding which is the better school.  All of the vegas hate is just plain envy.  

Vegas is a commuter school, with a shitty campus, located in a ghetto.  None of that has changed.  Of course they are jealous.

Our campus is beautiful. Only Beam Hall and Flora Dungan Humanities building are real eyesores in my opinion. 

42 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

People don't like northern moochers who take money that we earn down south to fund your pathetic projects that have no business even existing without us.

Once again.  Most folks take some pride & support their State but not Las Vegans.

1 hour ago, mundyc3 said:

I'll never get the DRF hate. She is better than TKM and Livengood. She has elevated all other programs outside of basketball and football. Otzelberger wasn't the guy but early review on Kruger feels good all around the fanbase. Jury is still out on Arroyo as last season shouldn't even count as a record with all the other factors. I don't want to go back to Hauck days. 

Those are the two that fund all the others and the only two that really matter to an AD unless you're a school that sells out wrestling or track.

And sense when has better than TKM been a barometer for anything? Better than Livengood is definitely arguable.

27 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

Once again.  Most folks take some pride & support their State but not Las Vegans.

I wouldn’t lump them all in with RR. His vitriol toward the north and toward toward UNR is as empty as his caterwauling about everything that doesn’t go the way he thinks it should for anything UNLV related.

That said, there is and has been for my lifetime a need for many Vegas pols, movers and shakers, and some of the southern media to maneuver to take as much from the rest of the state, and particularly northwestern Nevada, as they can, especially if it means diminishing everybody else in the process. It’s not a universal attitude, but it definitely exists, especially among longtime and native southern Nevadans. This isn’t to say that northern Nevada pols are historically innocent of any moves to protect northern interests, including UNR, but that pales in comparison to what the south has attempted to do, has done, and will doubtless continue to do. 

15 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Those are the two that fund all the others and the only two that really matter to an AD unless you're a school that sells out wrestling or track.

And sense when has better than TKM been a barometer for anything? Better than Livengood is definitely arguable.

The rest of my statement explained what you bolded. Anyone that clings to a coach would only gets 2 star returns and feels good about that in Bobby Hauck is below DRF to me. That was Livengood for UNLV. 

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

L.V. passed Reno in population around 1960.   You've controlled the legislature for 60 years & yet the North is somehow taking advantage you? 

18 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

DRF (she/her/hers) is not getting the Northwestern job.  She’s stuck with us.

If she doesn't get the job, she'll apply for the opening left by whomever did get the job. 

She probably knows she's not getting a new contract and wants to leave on her own terms.   It seems clear she viewed vegas as a stepping stone job, and she hasn't done much to disguise that she wants to move up.

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Posturedoc said:

I wouldn’t lump them all in with RR. His vitriol toward the north and toward toward UNR is as empty as his caterwauling about everything that doesn’t go the way he thinks it should for anything UNLV related.

That said, there is and has been for my lifetime a need for many Vegas pols, movers and shakers, and some of the southern media to maneuver to take as much from the rest of the state, and particularly northwestern Nevada, as they can, especially if it means diminishing everybody else in the process. It’s not a universal attitude, but it definitely exists, especially among longtime and native southern Nevadans. This isn’t to say that northern Nevada pols are historically innocent of any moves to protect northern interests, including UNR, but that pales in comparison to what the south has attempted to do, has done, and will doubtless continue to do. 

The source of most Southern Nevadan angst...

41EDIrblgRL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_

Southern Nevadans long felt that Raggio made deals at the expense of the South, and was successful at them due to his power, despite the population and numbers difference. As the more established community, you simply had better politicians who could get shit done. Raggio is largely blamed for UNLV's research inequity... though the truth is UNLV simply could not find or retain a good President throughout its history. Time and incompetence have been our enemy. Bill Boy makes a good scapegoat though.

2 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

It's mostly a proximity thing. LA is 270 miles (4.5 drive away). Reno is 438 miles (7 hr drive away). The population center is in the South and the political center is in the North. Nevada is a weird setup, not to mention outside of the two population centers, it is basically Afghanistan.

6 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

The source of most Southern Nevadan angst...

41EDIrblgRL._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_

Southern Nevadans long felt that Raggio made deals at the expense of the South, and was successful at them due to his power, despite the population and numbers difference. As the more established community, you simply had better politicians who could get shit done. Raggio is largely blamed for UNLV's research inequity... though the truth is UNLV simply could not find or retain a good President throughout its history. Time and incompetence have been our enemy. Bill Boy makes a good scapegoat though.

Between Bill Raggio (Reno) & Joe Dini (Yerington) - Northern Nevada had two leaders in each party that held their offices for decades - While Southern NV eventually grew and more seats migrated to Clark County, the decades that Raggio & Dini held office cemented a lot of things for northern NV 

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If she doesn't get the job, she'll apply for the opening left by whomever did get the job. 

She probably knows she's not getting a new contract and wants to leave on her own terms.   It seems clear she viewed vegas as a stepping stone job, and she hasn't done much to disguise that she wants to move up.

She would almost be better off just saying that publicly.