Jump to content
UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Lost

Bryce Hamilton

David Jenkins Jr

Caleb Grill

Devin Tillis

Edoardo Del Cadia

Jaylon Martinez

Isaac Lindsey


Gained

Jordan McCabe

Donovan Williams

Royce Hamm Jr

Victor Iwuakor

 

This says it all too:

image.png.f8f269e8fada1bce3a7f045068fa7d20.png

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

This says it all too:

image.png.f8f269e8fada1bce3a7f045068fa7d20.png

I am pretty sure that Hamilton has 50 offers if he wants them and that Jenkins has quite a few as well.

Think Utah is trying to steal those two?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

I am pretty sure that Hamilton has 50 offers if he wants them and that Jenkins has quite a few as well.

Think Utah is trying to steal those two?

tbh they probably have choices, I wonder if Jenkins goes to his home state? Portland just got a new coach as well, they have a nice team and should be good next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bryce Hamilton is a one-dimensional scorer.  He was a LOUSY defender.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nick Blake will be a better player than Bryce Hamilton next year.  He has more size, speed, athleticism, shooting, passing, defending, etc.

  • Cheers 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I am pretty sure that Hamilton has 50 offers if he wants them and that Jenkins has quite a few as well.

Think Utah is trying to steal those two?

Pretty sure he meant out of HS.

To me that, along with the poaching and players success at other programs, are a testament to the previous staffs ability to identify, target and land under the radar, high major prospects.

It also shows how stacked ou and tx rosters were that they sat these players in favor of others. At least two are underclassmen and maybe we're in line for those minutes, but with their coaches leaving looked to solidify minutes on their own.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4592304/donovan-williams

Stats are underwhelming.  However, based on watching the video, he can improve as a shooter.  He has a good shooting form and shot 77% from the free throw line at Texas.

30 ft attempts over entire career. Probably not a meaningful statistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Bryce Hamilton is a one-dimensional scorer.  He was a LOUSY defender.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nick Blake will be a better player than Bryce Hamilton next year.  He has more size, speed, athleticism, shooting, passing, defending, etc.

IF THEY DONT WANT TO BE AT UNLV THEN F*CK EM

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

This says it all too:

image.png.f8f269e8fada1bce3a7f045068fa7d20.png

 

32 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I am pretty sure that Hamilton has 50 offers if he wants them and that Jenkins has quite a few as well.

Think Utah is trying to steal those two?

The brilliant, good-looking and clever Twitter user that posted that should have clarified that it was referring to P5 offers coming out out high school or JUCO (Del Cadia's case) and not transfer offers;  it was clarified later in the thread.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, qwelish said:

30 ft attempts over entire career. Probably not a meaningful statistic.

I’m looking at the shooting form, and his numbers should be higher.  With work and good coaching, he can be a 35% three point shooter.

  • Idiot 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m looking at the shooting form, and his numbers should be higher.  With work and good coaching, he can be a 35% three point shooter.

Odd to pick such an exact number, but ok. Could be said for just about any player.

I like his length and his bounce. Plus shooter he'd be dangerous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Odd to pick such an exact number, but ok. Could be said for just about any player.

I like his length and his bounce. Plus shooter he'd be dangerous. 

Not really.  Bryce Hamilton has terrible shooting form.  Just like Justin Bean at Utah State.

  • Idiot 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Starting five as of now?

PG - Jordan McCabe/Keshon Gilbert

SG - Donovan Williams/Nick Blake

F - Arthur Kaluma/Jalen Hill

F - Royce Hamm/Iwuakor

C - Brady Manek/Ding Dong

2021 MWC Champs! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PlayersinVegas said:

The difference in players KK is picking up vs TJO is 😦😧😦😧 I know the transfer portal is a commadey with the unique situation this year but he's grabbing real athletes. 

Yeah, I don’t know why but TJO is laser focused on getting players with one attribute, shooting. Doesn’t matter if they are slow or what. That’s what they like in the Midwest. 

I think a lot of the credit goes to Carlin Hartman, who may be the most important/best assistant UNLV has had since Grg.
 

Hartman is extremely well regarded in Big12 circles, and if not for Lon retiring, obviously we don’t see some of these guys. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more guys that are absolute bulldogs from P5 schools being added. Really hoping Jalen Hill comes back. There’s a lot of possibilities here.
 

Sucks to see Hamilton go, he really did everything right and didn’t complain through numerous coaching changes, he’ll find the right situation for himself. 

Next year could be a fun scrappy team to watch. 

  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Not really.  Bryce Hamilton has terrible shooting form.  Just like Justin Bean at Utah State.

 

33 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m looking at the shooting form, and his numbers should be higher.  

Well you referenced shooting form, not me. 

 

35 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

With work and good coaching, he can be a 35% three point shooter

This can be said of any player.

  • Idiot 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

2021 MWC Champs! 

 

3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Starting five as of now?

PG - Jordan McCabe/Keshon Gilbert

SG - Donovan Williams/Nick Blake

F - Arthur Kaluma/Jalen Hill

F - Royce Hamm/Iwuakor

C - Brady Manek/Ding Dong

Already shaping up to be the most athletic team in the MWC..... Which isn't saying much because we've already seen what happens when a top-tier MWC team faces a team with upper-tier athleticism:

image.png.be4c09436dc1f6e0dd6a02e59ff76e4a.png

 

just absolutely dick whipped 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the upgrade in athleticism Kruger is bringing in.  These new guys should all be more athletic than the players they are replacing.  With that said, where is the offense coming from?  We had problems scoring last year, we have lost our three top scorers, and we're not exactly replacing them with offensive juggernauts.  We may need to win games in the 50s.

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HoosierRebel said:

I like the upgrade in athleticism Kruger is bringing in.  These new guys should all be more athletic than the players they are replacing.  With that said, where is the offense coming from?  We had problems scoring last year, we have lost our three top scorers, and we're not exactly replacing them with offensive juggernauts.  We may need to win games in the 50s.

Still have like four spots to fill, maybe more.  Kruger knows what we need.  He will get scorers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...