Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

14 hours ago, 303Rebel said:

Baker = UNLV’s version of Khris Middleton! 

I’m not sure how much he’ll play, but he will bring some much needed floor spacing.  I’m interested to see what else he brings to the table.

45 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m not sure how much he’ll play, but he will bring some much needed floor spacing.  I’m interested to see what else he brings to the table.

True but at the very least he makes the 2nd team much better!  You can never have enough guys who can shoot and create opportunities to score!

Kruger mixing it up with old an old rival.

Syracuse basketball 2022 four-star prospect Chris Bunch recently took his official visit to the Hill, one of seven elite players in this class to have traveled to Central New York in the month of June.

Borzello’s tweet provides some additional insights. According to Borzello, Bunch recently has been talking to fellow Atlantic Coast Conference squad Duke and UNLV.

https://insidetheloudhouse.com/2021/07/05/syracuse-basketball-4-star-target-just-visited-blue-blue-interest/

5 hours ago, quickdraw said:

I really like the tape on him.  Kevin Kruger isn’t afraid to go toe-to-toe with anyone.  And Duke will have a disadvantage in recruiting since Coach K is retiring.

On 7/3/2021 at 6:59 PM, RebelRobert said:

wow I had no the PG we got from West Virginia was this kid. That video went viral a century ago. This kid is a WINNER, you can tell that from his girl:

image.png.6ee7713b49bcf18284186d1080752abc.png

She's a Sweet-16 /10

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

30 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

wow I had no the PG we got from West Virginia was this kid. That video went viral a century ago. This kid is a WINNER, you can tell that from his girl:

image.png.6ee7713b49bcf18284186d1080752abc.png

She's a Sweet-16 /10

He’s a real f-ckin’ man!  He’s got a big f-ckin’ dick!  And he knows how to treat a f-ckin’ woman! 😉

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/jul/07/analysis-unlv-big-man-james-hampshire-has-particul/

Video clips in the article 

Analysis: UNLV big man James Hampshire has particular set of skills

A graduate transfer from Pacific, Hampshire is a pure center who played sparingly last season, appearing in 11 games and averaging 9.5 minutes per contest. With such limited time on the court, it’s no surprise that his statistics are on the modest side: 2.2 points, 1.1 rebounds, 0.5 blocks.

So what does Hampshire bring to the table? Obviously, he’s tall and can use his height to impact play under the basket. Though he averaged less than a block per game last year, he did show an ability to protect the rim, both by contesting shots and dissuading drivers altogether.

His block rate of 7.2% would have been the best mark on UNLV last season, ahead of Reece Brown (6.9%), Moses Wood (5.6%) and Mbacke Diong (4.6%)

44 minutes ago, 303Rebel said:

Hampshire will be good for us, a seven footer who gives effort, just what we need!

One thing sorely needed for years has been an adequate game plan combined with expectations of hard work from the players. We seem to have had one or the other… and at times neither. I see this staff expecting a good work ethic because CKK doesn’t know anything less and always gave 100% during his playing and coaching years. The only unanswered question is what will the game plan and style of play be. 

On 7/2/2021 at 8:20 AM, ph90702 said:

LOL. With the much needed floor spacer and five position LOCKDOWN  defender in the fold, can a national championship be that far off?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

7 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

LOL. With the much needed floor spacer and five position LOCKDOWN  defender in the fold, can a national championship be that far off?

lol quit being such a dweeb, you're acting like we are at all hyped at the last several recruits we've gotten. They were big letdowns in comparison to the the rumor mill of getting  Austin Reaves, Jalen hill, Brady Manek, etc

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Trolls gonna troll. They do need a new dog and pony show though. The same old tired shat is just that, shat. Nothing original in months. There was a day when SDSU could be more original.

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

lol quit being such a dweeb, you're acting like we are at all hyped at the last several recruits we've gotten. They were big letdowns in comparison to the the rumor mill of getting  Austin Reaves, Jalen hill, Brady Manek, etc

I'm just busting on ph and his general weirdness.  Hey @ph90702

FLOOR SPACER

10-27_inuse-WEB_06af220abf8c0163fd92e4f9

BASKETBALL PLAYER

image.png.1e4871a9b23f48cdb8634959c513c45d.png

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE:rimshot1:

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke