Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

56 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

Just committed to Lamar. Wow!

What is going on with our 13th scholarship?  Kruger had hinted in the past that he was waiting on someone in the draft but I assumed that was Hamilton.  Maybe he is holding the last one for another NBA guy (Austin Reaves)?

OU has filled all their spots now so Reaves couldn’t go back there.

Having 1 scholarship available going into this crazy year and system is a good thing. The merry go round is still spinning and will continue to do so all year long. Having an available opening is a good strategy. We still need another good big not just another body. There will be plenty of experience looking around and if we can get that combined with some talent and a proper attitude then it is a good addition. So far the roster has improved dramatically over the last bunch of years. What this staff can do with them...we’ll see in about 5 months.

2 Freshmen, 5 Sophomores, 3 Juniors and 2 Seniors is a good balance of experience and hopefully continuity in the coming years or at least it used to be before the anyone can go anywhere at any time without sitting out system began. A solid coaching staff that can build players and have success should slow down the merry go round a bit.

Analysis: Mike Nuga stepping into scoring role at UNLV

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/jun/02/analysis-mike-nuga-stepping-into-scoring-role-at-u/   Multiple video's in the article 

Though he’s just 6-foot-2, Nuga converted 64.4% of his close-range shots. That shows a real knack for driving and finishing, and it made him an efficient scorer (62.8% true shooting).

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They are always tough.  IIRC, they kicked our ass last season. 

Good luck, Rebs.  I hope the game is on TV.

These used to be conference games for UNLV & UNR back when we were in the WCAC & USF was #1 in the nation 

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

These used to be conference games for UNLV & UNR back when we were in the WCAC & USF was #1 in the nation 

I remember those games well.  The Bill Cartwright, Edgar Jones battles were fun to watch. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I remember those games well.  The Bill Cartwright, Edgar Jones battles were fun to watch. 

I was there at Centennial Coliseum for those games - UNR starting 5 = Edgar Jones C Michael Stallings PF Mike Longero SF "Fly' Gray SG Johnny High PG 

Used to play some pick ups at the old Virginia St Gym 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

I was there at Centennial Coliseum for those games - UNR starting 5 = Edgar Jones C Michael Stallings PF Mike Longero SF "Fly' Gray SG Johnny High PG 

Used to play some pick ups at the old Virginia St Gym 

We may have met back in those days.  I probably kicked your ass in some pick up games. Back then, I could actually jump over a phone book. :D

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

We may have met back in those days.  I probably kicked your ass in some pick up games. Back then, I could actually jump over a phone book. :D

Was in HS back then & could dunk pretty easy - But my skills were raw :unsure:

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Was in HS back then & could dunk pretty easy - But my skills were raw :unsure:

Me too.  Except my dunks weren't easy.  Mostly put backs.  I had to dunk with both hands.  I couldn't palm the ball and could barely get high enough to dunk at all. 

Where did you go to high school?

Barack Obama

Me too.  Except my dunks weren't easy.  Mostly put backs.  I had to dunk with both hands.  I couldn't palm the ball and could barely get high enough to dunk at all. 

Where did you go to high school?

I could palm the ball so that helped & was a one step (at least dunker) - Vertical was very average if that

Reed ('78) 

I got into hoops late 

22 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I don't know why USF is wasting time with shithole schools like UNLOLV. San Francisco State or even Mills College would put up a tougher fight.

Joe acting just a tad too desperate for UNLV fan votes in the Troll Derby. Like a kid cramming for finals

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

6 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Joe acting just a tad too desperate for UNLV fan votes in the Troll Derby. Cramming for finals

One can't be too nasty when speaking about UNLV or when conversing with one of their senseless fans.

Barack Obama