UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

15 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I think Bryce will be the first four year player since Carlos Lopez-Sosa. I can't believe it has been that long.

Was he a year behind Anthony Marshall and J-Hawk? They were all about the same time, but since he redshirted, might have been a year later.

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

MWC needs UNLV, New Mexico and SDSU to be Top 25.

Nevada, Colorado State and Boise to be Top 50.

Fresno, Wyoming and Utah State to be Top 100.

SJSU and Air Force are what they are.

This is realistic goals for the conference.

At this level it’s all about finding a good coach that can build a program and then stay around to keep it going. The only school that has done that so far is SDSU with Fish and now Dutcher. Alford may be locked in at Reno but he has always looked for greener pastures. We are all hoping that Kruger can develop and become a solid coach and if so he could be long term. 

Other than that I don’t see any other HC’s calling their current job their Dream Job. 

• Like 1

Please disregard anything negative I've said about Bryce Hamilton when he was in the portal, now that he's back he's a future 1st Round NBA superstar!! Prepare those buttholes MWC!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Please disregard anything negative I've said about Bryce Hamilton when he was in the portal, now that he's back he's a future 1st Round NBA superstar!! Prepare those buttholes MWC!

He has definite flaws, but we need his scoring.

17 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

MWC needs UNLV, New Mexico and SDSU to be Top 25.

Nevada, Colorado State and Boise to be Top 50.

Fresno, Wyoming and Utah State to be Top 100.

SJSU and Air Force are what they are.

This is realistic goals for the conference.

We would all like to see UNLV crack the top 100.  

Things have changed in San Jose.  They're having a pretty good off season with their hires and recruits. IMO, they've done the best of all the MW teams who hired a new coach.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, quickdraw said:

At this level it’s all about finding a good coach that can build a program and then stay around to keep it going. The only school that has done that so far is SDSU with Fish and now Dutcher. Alford may be locked in at Reno but he has always looked for greener pastures. We are all hoping that Kruger can develop and become a solid coach and if so he could be long term. 

Other than that I don’t see any other HC’s calling their current job their Dream Job. 

Homer alert. 

Verbal Commits shows Nique Blake left team for personal reasons. Seems to line up with the way it was announced as a mutual agreement.

???

2 hours ago, quickdraw said:

Verbal Commits shows Nique Blake left team for personal reasons. Seems to line up with the way it was announced as a mutual agreement.

???

We need a big guy or a player who pulls out of the NBA draft (MWC Player of Year Ready). 

Blake would never have seen the court with Hamilton coming back and all the new guys.

tark_old.jpg.a84fe9c4d2cddb23241904eddd5bed39.jpg

4 hours ago, quickdraw said:

I’m expecting (and hoping) for a big change from the past 10 years. Defense needs to lead. 

I feel like we were at the mercy of our opponents missing shots last year.  We didn’t really force tough shot attempts.  At best, we were putting a hand up and making it a neutral shot attempt.

We just have to find out if the frontcourt and the coaching can prove up. The backcourt seems like a strength.

As constructed I'm thinking 3rd or 4th unless there's some highly ranked mw squads.

I'd still like to see another playmaker at pg and an impact big, but I'm okay with it if this is the roster.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I don’t know if anybody has seen this, but Moses Wood transferred to Portland.

His dad should fit in well there! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Why do you say that?

Probably because he is very conservative politically and Portland is as liberal as it comes. I'm pretty conservative politically, but his dad is off the charts.

• Like 1
On 5/28/2021 at 6:26 PM, rebelcuff said:

I think Bryce will be the first four year player since Carlos Lopez-Sosa. I can't believe it has been that long.

Dembele played four seasons.  He could have used an injury waiver to get a fifth season (because of his injury-shortened 9 game season) but instead medically retired and stayed with the program his fifth season but did not play.

• Like 1