Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

2 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Caleb Grill- Honorary MWC Board  King of the World poster.....LOL

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/article250634599.html

“I kind of want to get out of here,” Grill said. “We don’t really live in the nicest area of Vegas and it’s 18 hours away from home. The fan support out here is also brutal. I get ruthless (direct messages) from fans all the time that expect a little too much of us because they went to the Final Four in the 90s. They still expect that every year. People, in general, are just rude out here.”

But shouldn’t every player have those expectations? Players nowadays play for the name on the back of their jerseys. I prefer players who play for the name on the front and who expect to win. 

17 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

But shouldn’t every player have those expectations? Players nowadays play for the name on the back of their jerseys. I prefer players who play for the name on the front and who expect to win. 

I think the problem is fans like @ph90702 actually stalk these kids on social media and chew them out. To the point where their parents get involved.  Bad news... Creepy as well.

4 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

Players tend to be more realists than fans when it comes to things like winning the Natty.   Rubble fans are at best delusional and at worst clinically insane when it comes to basketball expectations. Witness this thread.  Over115 pages of nonsensical palaver about the 7th place team in a mediocre conference, who hired a known quantity assistant and 10 players promptly packed their shit at hit the road.

BUT!

Bringing in a series of B12 bench warmers and a "game changing" defender from high school and they're back on the Road To The Final Four!

More power to you guys I say.  Hope springs eternal and all that and places like these are the correct fora for being delusional nut cases. DM's to players, insulting them and calling them out crosses the line into crazy town.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

30 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I heard he got into some trouble, but who knows if it's true.

Think the LV beat reporters will dig into it?  (joking)

Years ago LoboLair mentioned a rumour that Savon Goodman had done something that would end his days at UNLV.  I asked a local reporter about it... he said that he had heard rumblings but asked Rice's staff and they told him there was nothing to it.  In August there was an indictment for the arrest that had happened in May and was public record. 

4 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Players tend to be more realists than fans when it comes to things like winning the Natty.   Rubble fans are at best delusional and at worst clinically insane when it comes to basketball expectations. Witness this thread.  Over115 pages of nonsensical palaver about the 7th place team in a mediocre conference, who hired a known quantity assistant and 10 players promptly packed their shit at hit the road.

BUT!

Bringing in a series of B12 bench warmers and a "game changing" defender from high school and they're back on the Road To The Final Four!

More power to you guys I say.  Hope springs eternal and all that and places like these are the correct fora for being delusional nut cases. DM's to players, insulting them and calling them out crosses the line into crazy town.

This isn't the case at all. You're just jealous like everyone that doesn't drink the Kool Aid.

16 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

BUT!

I agree some Rebel fans can be a little over zealous, but you find that in every fan base. It’s not exclusive to Rebel fans. My point was more that Caleb came across as kind of a fragile whiney bitch.

2 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

.... My point was more that Caleb came across as kind of a fragile whiney bitch.

Yeah, I have to agree with you. 

It's good material to use when messing with Vegas fans, but it was a bitch move on Caleb's part.  

I liked that kid too.  He worked hard in every game I saw him play, even when his teammates were just mailing it in.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yeah, I have to agree with you. 

It's good material to use when messing with Vegas fans, but it was a bitch move on Caleb's part.  

I liked that kid too.  He worked hard in every game I saw him play, even when his teammates were just mailing it in.  

Damn it I’m starting to think you’re not so bad, and I can’t have that. Say something mean right now!

2 hours ago, utenation said:

I think the problem is fans like @ph90702 actually stalk these kids on social media and chew them out. To the point where their parents get involved.  Bad news... Creepy as well.

So now you admit to stalking us UNLV fans on Twitter?!

I’m blocked by David Jenkins on Twitter.  His dad chewed me out, yet I didn’t make any personal attacks against his son.

2 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Think the LV beat reporters will dig into it?  (joking)

Years ago LoboLair mentioned a rumour that Savon Goodman had done something that would end his days at UNLV.  I asked a local reporter about it... he said that he had heard rumblings but asked Rice's staff and they told him there was nothing to it.  In August there was an indictment for the arrest that had happened in May and was public record. 

I looked on the Las Vegas Justice Court website, and there’s nothing popping up for him.

12 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m blocked by David Jenkins on Twitter.  His dad chewed me out, yet I didn’t make any personal attacks against his son.

Perfect. Thanks for proving my point. Most of you guys are creepy.

29 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Damn it I’m starting to think you’re not so bad, and I can’t have that. Say something mean right now!

I know right.  ASWG is slipping a little bit on unlv smack on here.

52 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Thank you for being a Vegas fan. You do you. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Thank you for being a Vegas fan. You do you. 

I said that David Jenkins was overmatched athletically at the MW level (less than 10% of his shots came at the rim) and that he couldn’t make the most basic of passes to initiate the offense when playing PG.

I guess he’s soft because that’s not crossing the line at all.

His dad’s response (plus Waddilol’s) is that DJJ could beat me one-on-one (well no shit).

47 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I said that David Jenkins was overmatched athletically at the MW level (less than 10% of his shots came at the rim) and that he couldn’t make the most basic of passes to initiate the offense when playing PG.

I guess he’s soft because that’s not crossing the line at all.

His dad’s response (plus Waddilol’s) is that DJJ could beat me one-on-one (well no shit).

Blame Otz for that, he was recruited by schools like Gonzaga and Oregon as a spot-up 3 pt shooter. Then at UNLV he's gotta do an acrobatic fade-away jumper to just get a shot off inside 15 feet. Played completely out of his role. If he's doing anything but draining 3's off the bench for Utah, they're gonna suck big time. 

I would DESTROY Jenkins in 1v1. He'll end his whole basketball career after I drain a perfect fundamental YMCA white guy J with a 17 inch vert in his face. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

You might want to consider your complete body of work.  Even if you didn't make personal attacks on that specific player, some people who care about UNLV don't like personal attacks on any of our assistant coaches or players. 

17 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Caleb Grill- Honorary MWC Board  King of the World poster.....LOL

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/article250634599.html

“I kind of want to get out of here,” Grill said. “We don’t really live in the nicest area of Vegas and it’s 18 hours away from home. The fan support out here is also brutal. I get ruthless (direct messages) from fans all the time that expect a little too much of us because they went to the Final Four in the 90s. They still expect that every year. People, in general, are just rude out here.”

This thread was already the best. Then this quote came along.