Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

9 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Yep, good job, Kevin!

UNLV Rebels: Kevin Kruger isn't wasting any time trying to turn things around in the desert. While he landed seven transfers, convincing Bryce Hamilton to withdraw from the portal was perhaps his biggest win. Hamilton and Kent State transfer Mike Nuga will form an explosive perimeter duo. Kruger also landed four Big 12 transfers: Royce Hamm Jr. (Texas), Victor Iwuakor (Oklahoma), Jordan McCabe (West Virginia) and Donovan Williams (Texas), as well as dominant shot-blocker David Muoka from Lamar and double-figure scorer Justin Webster from Hawaii.

4 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Yep, good job, Kevin!

UNLV Rebels: Kevin Kruger isn't wasting any time trying to turn things around in the desert. While he landed seven transfers, convincing Bryce Hamilton to withdraw from the portal was perhaps his biggest win. Hamilton and Kent State transfer Mike Nuga will form an explosive perimeter duo. Kruger also landed four Big 12 transfers: Royce Hamm Jr. (Texas), Victor Iwuakor (Oklahoma), Jordan McCabe (West Virginia) and Donovan Williams (Texas), as well as dominant shot-blocker David Muoka from Lamar and double-figure scorer Justin Webster from Hawaii.

I have a good feeling about Kevin Kruger, but I think year one can be a little rough at times.  By year three, I think it’s realistic that he can get us back to the NCAA’s.

UNLV has gotten the 'tag' of always having great athletes. Even when it's not really true.

This roster appears to be an attempted return to form. I'm all for it too. But 'fit' is just as important as athletic. That's the part we have to wait to see.

Do all these parts fit together into their roles? Can all these guys stay healthy and available? I called Rice's recruiting overrated because his guys were soft and his rosters rarely fit together. Khem & Roscoe, why? No.

Anywho. Can't wait for the season. Go Rebels!

35 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Got zero to contribute. Just came in to ask why this thread isn't on RebelNet or whatever the hell it's called.

Oh, I get it. You guys just want to make money for Mugtang and the Boise guy who now owns this site. Shit, that's damn altruistic of you.

Thanks for nothing.

On 9/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Got zero to contribute. Just came in to ask why this thread isn't on RebelNet or whatever the hell it's called.

Oh, I get it. You guys just want to make money for Mugtang and the Boise guy who now owns this site. Shit, that's damn altruistic of you.

Nobody is forcing you to open this thread. 'Why does it bother you that it exists? You could start one for your aztecs, nobody would bother you.

17 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Nobody is forcing you to open this thread. 'Why does it bother you that it exists? You could start one for your aztecs, nobody would bother you.

What's funny is when this board was WAY more active, like 2012~ we used to create a new thread everytime UNLV got a new recruit or there was some new article or whatever. 

People complained less back then than they do now when we contain all UNLV basketball chatter for the entire year to 1 thread. The real issue is they know no other fanbases on this board could carry a 138+ page thread.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Damn. He might have been the difference. I think Kevin is going to have to show what he can do before he gets any kids of this caliber. There is definitely something to be said for hiring someone who has actually, you know, coached before.

12 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Damn. He might have been the difference. I think Kevin is going to have to show what he can do before he gets any kids of this caliber. There is definitely something to be said for hiring someone who has actually, you know, coached before.

Mark Adams has been in the game a long time, but  The guy hasn't been a D1 head coach since the mid 90s w/ his 44-90 stint at Texas-Pan American (wut) He's just the only guy that didn't get on the plane to Austin w/ Beard.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif