Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

8 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Hispanic is not a race.

Latinos are the fastest-growing minority in the US.  This ethnic group includes any person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.

7 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Latinos are the fastest-growing minority in the US.  This ethnic group includes any person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.

You just said it yourself.  I’ve seen pictures of her mother.  She was 100% European descent.

During and after the two-week period, Lindsay landed offers from the likes of DePaul, Marquette, Oklahoma State, Saint Louis, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and UNLV.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/KyeRon-Lindsay-Nike-EYBL-Peach-Jam-stock-rising-stock-riser-Marquette-TCU-Texas-AM-Tennessee-Oklahoma-State-Basketball-Recruiting-168376658/Amp/

Screenshot_20210728-143204_Samsung Internet.jpg

CKK has the pedigree, he has the right mindset and attitude and he has a love for the program and city. I have liked what I’ve seen these past few months with how he has engaged with the team and city. I have also liked how he hasn’t engaged in the bullshit of the politics usually associated with his position. Time will tell with the unknowns. 3 months from now we’ll be able to see what we have and it could finally be the beginning that we have all been waiting for. 

Welcome back, Bryce: UNLV basketball roster projection 2.0

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/aug/01/welcome-back-bryce-unlv-basketball-roster-projecti/

The last time I tried to do a UNLV basketball roster projection, it was a near-impossible task. Not only was the team incomplete at the time — Nick Blake had yet to leave, Bryce Hamilton had yet to return and James Hampshire had yet to commit — some of the newcomers were unknown quantities.

Nearly three months later, the picture is a little clearer. The roster is set, and in the meantime I’ve been able to watch video of the incoming players, break down their skill sets and build a more informed opinion on how coach Kevin Kruger will deploy them once the games begin.

With that research forming the backbone of this piece, let’s look at the latest UNLV roster projection: 

It will come down to how much the defense improves over last year.  We didn’t dictate anything on that end and were at the mercy of our opponents missing.  I expect our defensive ranking to double.

Other than Bryce Hamilton, I don’t know who can be counted on to score.