Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

It will be interesting to see how the roster looks in games.  I feel like the backcourt is more skilled while the frontcourt is more athletic.

I have them as the sixth best team in the MW right now.  But they should finish around 100 in KenPom.

I’m interested to see what the rotation will look like. No more 6-7-8 man rotations under Otz and playing guys for 30 plus minutes. 

We’ll probably be rolling 10-11 guys and be fresh in conference and conference tournament play. 

It’s been awhile since UNLV went into March on a roll and ready to feast. 

2 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

I’m interested to see what the rotation will look like. No more 6-7-8 man rotations under Otz and playing guys for 30 plus minutes. 

We’ll probably be rolling 10-11 guys and be fresh in conference and conference tournament play. 

It’s been awhile since UNLV went into March on a roll and ready to feast. 

I doubt we go 11 deep, but 9 players seeing double digit minutes is realistic.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m surprised he wound up there.  He’s a P5 quality player.

I have no idea why he & UNLV parted ways, but whatever it was maybe it was enough for P5 programs to shy away from him - I'm with you that he's got more talent than a middling WCC program like Pacific 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

I have no idea why he & UNLV parted ways, but whatever it was maybe it was enough for P5 programs to shy away from him - I'm with you that he's got more talent than a middling WCC program like Pacific 

He fell out of favor as the season went along.  My guess is that Kevin Kruger had the same thoughts as TJ Otzelberger.

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

He fell out of favor as the season went along.  My guess is that Kevin Kruger had the same thoughts as TJ Otzelberger.

I think it was some off the court issue - more than any on court performance , but who knows :shrug:

Blake’s statement was weird. This year’s mass movement of players nationwide makes it difficult to guess why Pacific. Good luck to Nick in his future. He’ll have 4 years to make his Mark.

19 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

So we get Hampshire and they get Blake? Seems like we got the $hit end of that stick

Pacific's starting SG/leading scorer Daniss Jenkins transferred just a few days before this news dropped. They had no problems making guarantees on PT for Blake since he's a straight-up upgrade---6'6 shooting guard with way more upside, length and athleticism. Pacific got a total steal with Blake if they develop him right. 

In exchange, UNLV got a 10 min/game situational big-man. Krugie must be happy with what we'll get at SG/the wing with Mike Nuga, Josh Baker, Webster, Donovan Williams and Bryce Hamilton. Still a big upgrade over what we had last year. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

21 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

It looks like the staff has punted on 2022 HS kids for the most part.  2023 HS will be huge.

Not really. Going after Pop Pop,Shane Thomas etc but yeah 2023 will be huge. 

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I’m surprised he wound up there.  He’s a P5 quality player.

I think he’s better than Pacific, but from what I saw he wasn’t going to step right on to a P5 and compete. He definitely has an upside, but he has a lot of work to do. 

1 hour ago, Rosegreen said:

Not really. Going after Pop Pop,Shane Thomas etc but yeah 2023 will be huge. 

If they get Pop Pop, hopefully his dad won’t be too much of a distraction like Katin Reinhardt’s dad was.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If they get Pop Pop, hopefully his dad won’t be too much of a distraction like Katin Reinhardt’s dad was.

The difference between Reinhardt’s dad and Richard Isaacs is that Isaacs was a well known AAU guy, worked with Dinos Trigonas a lot. He was really sick a few years ago and has stepped back from AAU, but at least he knows what he’s talking about. Now if he ends up like Lavar Ball that’s a bigger problem. 😝. (He won’t)

6 hours ago, ph90702 said:

I doubt it, probably more like zimmermom. Somebody that gets into Twitter flamewars but isn’t going to threaten the staff on playing time.