Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

17 hours ago, quickdraw said:

At this level it’s all about finding a good coach that can build a program and then stay around to keep it going. The only school that has done that so far is SDSU with Fish and now Dutcher. Alford may be locked in at Reno but he has always looked for greener pastures. We are all hoping that Kruger can develop and become a solid coach and if so he could be long term. 

Other than that I don’t see any other HC’s calling their current job their Dream Job. 

Homer alert. 

2 hours ago, quickdraw said:

Verbal Commits shows Nique Blake left team for personal reasons. Seems to line up with the way it was announced as a mutual agreement.

???

We need a big guy or a player who pulls out of the NBA draft (MWC Player of Year Ready). 

Blake would never have seen the court with Hamilton coming back and all the new guys.

tark_old.jpg.a84fe9c4d2cddb23241904eddd5bed39.jpg

4 hours ago, quickdraw said:

I’m expecting (and hoping) for a big change from the past 10 years. Defense needs to lead. 

I feel like we were at the mercy of our opponents missing shots last year.  We didn’t really force tough shot attempts.  At best, we were putting a hand up and making it a neutral shot attempt.

We just have to find out if the frontcourt and the coaching can prove up. The backcourt seems like a strength.

As constructed I'm thinking 3rd or 4th unless there's some highly ranked mw squads.

I'd still like to see another playmaker at pg and an impact big, but I'm okay with it if this is the roster.

On 5/28/2021 at 6:26 PM, rebelcuff said:

I think Bryce will be the first four year player since Carlos Lopez-Sosa. I can't believe it has been that long.

Dembele played four seasons.  He could have used an injury waiver to get a fifth season (because of his injury-shortened 9 game season) but instead medically retired and stayed with the program his fifth season but did not play.

On 5/31/2021 at 4:36 PM, RebelRobert said:

Just a reminder that the 6'10" PF Reyes will be deciding between UNLV, Illinois, Mississippi State, Washington State and a few other programs tomorrow night.

Just committed to Lamar. Wow!