Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

Report: Bryce Hamilton returning to UNLV basketball

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/may/28/report-bryce-hamilton-returning-to-unlv-basketball/

The 6-foot-4 guard will be just the third holdover from last season — but, the most crucial. He went from averaging 4.3 points per game as a freshman in 2018-19, to scoring 16 points per game as a sophomore in 2019-20.

52 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Report: Bryce Hamilton returning to UNLV basketball

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2021/may/28/report-bryce-hamilton-returning-to-unlv-basketball/

The 6-foot-4 guard will be just the third holdover from last season — but, the most crucial. He went from averaging 4.3 points per game as a freshman in 2018-19, to scoring 16 points per game as a sophomore in 2019-20.

2020-21 he was 17.9 Ppg, 6 Reb, 3 ast, 1.3 Stl, while shooting 43%.

That is quite a gain back to this team. We now have a solid core of guards both point and shooting. This will be one of the most athletic teams that we’ve had in years. Also compared to recent history the most experienced.

I like the roster construction from this new staff and rookie HC. Good job CKK.

10 minutes ago, 303Rebel said:

I think Nuga or Gilbert should start at PG.. Bring McCabe in as a sub to be the floor general for the 2nd team.

Nuga

Webster

Hamilton

Williams

Hamm Jr.

That could be a nice lineup with some solid studs off the bench!  Still excited to see if we get a big guy or Reeves (OU) with the 13th spot!

The MWC is on it’s way back up the ladder. There are 3 or 4 teams making moves back to relevancy. If UNLV can put things together and contribute again the conference as a whole could gain notoriety and maybe a few more buck$. A respectable UNLV brings more national attention than everyone here except maybe SDSU.

19 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

The MWC is on it’s way back up the ladder. There are 3 or 4 teams making moves back to relevancy. If UNLV can put things together and contribute again the conference as a whole could gain notoriety and maybe a few more buck$. A respectable UNLV brings more national attention than everyone here except maybe SDSU.

MWC needs UNLV, New Mexico and SDSU to be Top 25.

Nevada, Colorado State and Boise to be Top 50.

Fresno, Wyoming and Utah State to be Top 100.

SJSU and Air Force are what they are.

This is realistic goals for the conference.

4 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Thank the coaches and Bryce obviously was raised properly so thank his parents.

When Arkansas, Kentucky, UCLA etc. are offering scholarships and you choose UNLV you know the guy is a true Rebel.

hey_reb_35.jpg.fea20441d37f65270f84a8ca66289b59.jpg

You nailed it.  Bryce's mom deserves a lot of credit.

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

Nuga

Webster

Hamilton

Williams

Hamm Jr.

That could be a nice lineup with some solid studs off the bench!  Still excited to see if we get a big guy or Reeves (OU) with the 13th spot!

Prefer 2 forwards but if they go 4 guards, I like McCabe starting over Williams.

15 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

I think Bryce will be the first four year player since Carlos Lopez-Sosa. I can't believe it has been that long.

Was he a year behind Anthony Marshall and J-Hawk? They were all about the same time, but since he redshirted, might have been a year later.

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

At this level it’s all about finding a good coach that can build a program and then stay around to keep it going. The only school that has done that so far is SDSU with Fish and now Dutcher. Alford may be locked in at Reno but he has always looked for greener pastures. We are all hoping that Kruger can develop and become a solid coach and if so he could be long term. 

Other than that I don’t see any other HC’s calling their current job their Dream Job. 

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

Please disregard anything negative I've said about Bryce Hamilton when he was in the portal, now that he's back he's a future 1st Round NBA superstar!! Prepare those buttholes MWC!

He has definite flaws, but we need his scoring.

17 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

We would all like to see UNLV crack the top 100.  

Things have changed in San Jose.  They're having a pretty good off season with their hires and recruits. IMO, they've done the best of all the MW teams who hired a new coach.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama