Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

18 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Perhaps this former Rebel - who never played for UNLV because of injuries - might change that bum narrative if he's healthy?  UC Riverside has quietly picked things up in recent years.  :hmmm:

Ey92gU5VgAIZCBc.jpg

Out of shape and can barely dunk.  Way over rated.  Couldn't get on the floor with probably the worst UNLV team ever.  Also enjoy his mother, she is a real class act!  I don't use twitter, but if you do, it might be worth following her.  I am told she says some outlandish shit going back to Gorman days.  I think she was told to keep her mouth shut when he was at UNLV. 

I know everyone says that UNLV fans say players are bums when they leave, which the majority probably do.  Just look at where the kids who left transferred to, will give you a good idea of the talent level on last year's team.  That's not calling them bums, just a fact.

2 hours ago, quickdraw said:

His whining was funny 5 weeks ago when first posted here and even funnier this time around. The June repost should be hilarious.

200 pages...

Yep. Maybe we should set odds on how many times the trolls post the Caleb Grill comments in this thread, then laugh about how many pages there are.

23 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Caleb Grill- Honorary MWC Board  King of the World poster.....LOL

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/article250634599.html

“I kind of want to get out of here,” Grill said. “We don’t really live in the nicest area of Vegas and it’s 18 hours away from home. The fan support out here is also brutal. I get ruthless (direct messages) from fans all the time that expect a little too much of us because they went to the Final Four in the 90s. They still expect that every year. People, in general, are just rude out here.”

Thanks for posting this article from April 13th. Thank goodness we have bright fans like you on this board to keep us up with current events. Ej Liddell from Ohio St got death threats/racist comments from crazy Ohio St fans after missing a shot in the NCAA Tournament.

Little sheltered Kansas boy gets a few mean DMs from a couple crazy UNLV fans and he and his mommy go public and throw an entire city of people under the bus---Generalizes the entire city as rude.

Caleb Grill is bitch made and his comments reflected more poorly on himself than UNLV/Las Vegas.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

3 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Thanks for posting this article from April 13th. Thank goodness we have bright fans like you on this board to keep us up with current events. 

LOL.

sick burns are timeless...

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

I like the UNLV, SDSU, BYU @ Boise option.

No way Texas and Oklahoma go to the PAC they would be giving up way to much plus dropping to a lower level conference so that option can be thrown out. The one adding UNR and Wyoming is actually a pretty good joke got me to laugh even thinking about it. PAC doesn't want a religious school so don't look for BYU to be added so there goes that one. As for the last senario, really think the PAC will be able to pull 3 schools from the Big 12? As stated above why leave for a lower conference than the Big 12 and less money and more travel? Then BSU going off sports probably a good fit but academic wise not so much.

I don't see any of these happening. The PAC won't expand unless it will make the conference better in both academics and athletics, and I don't see the teams that will do that. 

On 5/18/2021 at 8:16 PM, RebelRobert said:

Alondes Williams from OU is 6’5” tall and would be a nice replacement for Blake.  I think he started 10 games (for a Top 10 OU team) this year and had 15 points vs. Gonzaga in the NCAA Tournament.  Is he still available.  I think he just graduated from OU a day or two ago.

Maybe coach Hartman or Kruger knows him?  

FBFA93B9-ED9E-4C82-8C35-C696A429846A.jpeg.5008a88218abb9189adbce004e1b6114.jpeg

Williams going to Wake Forest

5 hours ago, quickdraw said:

We have several truly dedicated semi-professional trolls in this thread. If you want to participate you’ll need to up you game and show more effort.

UNLV is going to the PAC-12.  Zey absolutely belong!

I knew we lost a good big man in Diong when he transferred but had no idea how big of a hit on offense we were taking...?

The 6-foot-11, 235-pounder spent the past four seasons with the Runnin’ Rebels and averaged 21.7 points and 6.2 rebounds per game. He was a three-year starter at UNLV, appearing in 115 games during his career.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-basketball-cheikh-mbacke-diong-20210517-5d5oajfqbvgxriuhdttxwfzisq-story.html

23 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Holds offers from UNLV, Tennessee State, New Mexico, Washington State, Illinois, Lamar, ETSU, Montana State, Pacific, Fresno State & more.

Vegas may actually have a chance to get him. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Everything is a crap-shoot this year with all of the transfers going on, especially for UNLV with all of the changes to....well everything. Everything that could be said has already been said but another good transfer with experience is always welcome.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Arizona State is a dumpster fire right now.  They lost their best player to Kansas.

Dumpster fire is when you lose everybody on your roster from the previous year.

1 hour ago, packNV said:

Dumpster fire is when you lose everybody on your roster from the previous year.

Maybe. Maybe not.

I'm sure our rookie coach with a few years of assisting experience will be able to bring everybody together.

But we couldn't get much worse.