Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

44 minutes ago, qwelish said:

What if he got a lot better?

We should have enough ball handlers that he doesn't have to play point.  I'd like him to be able to stick at the three.  If his ball handling improves then it would be really cool to have him as a point forward as a junior or late into his sophomore season.  Someone who can grab a rebound and push the ball up the floor.

I mean, yeah, conference play doesn't matter. And anyone who thinks that is a +++++ing loser. If you don't make it to the dance, your season wasn't great. It's as simple as that. Maybe you don't believe in that, but most of us do. Who cares if the Rebels lose every conference game, if they win the tournament to get into March Madness and win (a) game(s), that season was a success compared to winning every conference game and getting bounced in the first round of the Conference Tournament.  You should be using conference play to gauge what your team needs to do to win, not looking at it as the end all, be all of life. 

21 minutes ago, vegasmdr said:

Conference play doesn't matter. Getting to the final 4 with a 180 net rating is where the rubber meets the road. 

That much is clear. No wonder why UNLV has been dragging the conference SOS and reputation in the mud. 

No fear though. According to Rob, this team will be in the final 4 in the next few years, so all these issues won't matter.

11 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

I mean, yeah, conference play doesn't matter. And anyone who thinks that is a +++++ing loser. If you don't make it to the dance, your season wasn't great. It's as simple as that. Maybe you don't believe in that, but most of us do. Who cares if the Rebels lose every conference game, if they win the tournament to get into March Madness and win (a) game(s), that season was a success compared to winning every conference game and getting bounced in the first round of the Conference Tournament.  You should be using conference play to gauge what your team needs to do to win, not looking at it as the end all, be all of life. 

And how has this model been working out?

4 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

YOU'RE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST GAME BABY

UNLV > UTAH

:hmmm: if'n you say so

11 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

:hmmm: if'n you say so. @utenation, by 18's own admission of being as good as your last game...

1112_sun_unlv_ucsb010_copy_t600.jpg.6fb788585f108a751c1edc0f2d95fe0e.jpg

With 44 losses in the last 3 years, half the county could pull scoreboard over UNLV in this timeframe.

Its just too bad beating UNLV is worthless when it comes to Tourney Resume. 

3 hours ago, wyo 1 said:

EXACTLY 

WYOMING > UNLV 

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

:hmmm: if'n you say so

Unless you're UNLV*, in which we own the overall series record against you and we have a (real) NATTY and will ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN YOU!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, utenation said:

With 44 losses in the last 3 years, half the county could pull scoreboard over UNLV in this timeframe.

Its just too bad beating UNLV is worthless when it comes to Tourney Resume. 

You’re a fake f-ckin’ man!  You got a small f-ckin’ dick!  And you don’t know how to treat a f-ckin’ woman!

4 hours ago, utenation said:

And how has this model been working out?

I mean, I don't know what you're asking here. You would have to ask the teams that win the conference regular season and not make March Madness. No UNLV fan has ever said we won the conference regular season. The regular season does not mean a god damn thing, and if you want to raise a banner because of it, go for it. 

You've lost the plot. You're a terrible troll 

Edit: You're trying to synthesize what Rebel Robert's hope and dreams are for the program for what 98 percent of the UNLV fan posters are saying as a "gotcha" moment. No UNLV fan in their right mind is saying UNLV has done amazing since 2013, so this whole "how has that worked out" is +++++ing worthless since literally no one is saying that.  UNLV fans are disappointed in how the last eight years have gone, but that doesn't mean we are going to roll and over and be like "nah, winning the regular season of the Mountain +++++ing West is good enough!" And if you are a fan of a team that does that, I mean, you should probably aspire higher in life. 

21 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

I mean, I don't know what you're asking here. You would have to ask the teams that win the conference regular season and not make March Madness. No UNLV fan has ever said we won the conference regular season. The regular season does not mean a god damn thing, and if you want to raise a banner because of it, go for it. 

Edit: You're trying to synthesize what Rebel Robert's hope and dreams are for the program for what 98 percent of the UNLV fan posters are saying as a "gotcha" moment. No UNLV fan in their right mind is saying UNLV has done amazing since 2013, so this whole "how has that worked out" is +++++ing worthless since literally no one is saying that.  UNLV fans are disappointed in how the last eight years have gone, but that doesn't mean we are going to roll and over and be like "nah, winning the regular season of the Mountain +++++ing West is good enough!" And if you are a fan of a team that does that, I mean, you should probably aspire higher in life. 

I just hope some of you guys are alive the next time UNLV actually does something.

We could be looking at another 30 years before that happens. 

Meanwhile, keep thinking you are Kentucky with Portland State results. Nobody buys your bullshit. 

30 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

He thinks he’s in here trolling but the reality is he’s being trolled by all of the UNLV fans. It’s like one of the best reverse trollings I have ever seen. He walks out of the thread after each comment with such swagger like he really provided a true gotcha moment. However, the guy is in here actually going tit for tat with Rob, 18, and PH. He’s just an over confident uchi-deshi trying to go toe to toe with his senseis.

10 minutes ago, utenation said:

I just hope some of you guys are alive the next time UNLV actually does something.

We could be looking at another 30 years before that happens. 

Meanwhile, keep thinking you are Kentucky with Portland State results. Nobody buys your bullshit. 

5HO.gif