Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

12 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

Finally a post relevant to the Utah fan!

I'm pretty excited for the first thread after UNLV loses some OOC games.  This topic always comes full circle.. Rinse and repeat. My guess is Rob disappears like a fart in the wind.. Or claim he told everyone this team would be a disaster in 2021.  He'll list the next coach UNLV has no chance of getting as the new savior.

Rob has been writing UNLV checks he can't cash for decades. Pure comedy. 

9 minutes ago, utenation said:

I'm pretty excited for the first thread after UNLV loses some OOC games.  This topic always comes full circle.. Rinse and repeat. My guess is Rob disappears like a fart in the wind.. Or claim he told everyone this team would be a disaster in 2021.  He'll list the next coach UNLV has no chance of getting as the new savior.

Rob has been writing UNLV checks he can't cash for decades. Pure comedy. 

Last time UNLV played Utah. 

UNLV - 85

Utards - 58

bd4f1cd535a5451f8b6d94539452d43a.jpg

9 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Last time UNLV played Utah. 

UNLV - 85

Utards - 58

bd4f1cd535a5451f8b6d94539452d43a.jpg

We've been over this silly idea. Utah beat UNLV the time before that by 13 points in Vegas.  So what's your point?

This has nothing to do with your national championship run predictions and moves to the B12 in the next few years..

Let's stay on topic Rob.  

Just now, utenation said:

We've been over this silly idea. Utah beat UNLV the time before that by 13 points in Vegas.  So what's your point?

YOU'RE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST GAME BABY

UNLV > UTAH

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

5 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

YOU'RE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR LAST GAME BABY

UNLV > UTAH

I think you guys should be more worried about your record against Nevada, BSU, CSU, USU, SDSU and even powerhouse Montana State. 

You guys have a lot of work to do to get to national championship levels you guys are chirping about. A 180 net rating isn't so hot.

On 5/3/2021 at 12:35 PM, RebelRobert said:

Just by what I have watched in highlights.  I would go with:

Keshon Gilbert

Mike Nuga

Donovan Williams

Victor Iwaukor

Royce Hamm Jr.

Watch #1 in Blue in this video

Okay, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Didn't see him barking at teammates,  directing or dominating defensively. 

Those are just highlights of buckets and dimes. He plays like a shooting guard right now.

I have to see his floor game first. But he does lose the ball 1v1 around the 1:00 mark. So I'm thinking sg.

5 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Okay, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Didn't see him barking at teammates,  directing or dominating defensively. 

Those are just highlights of buckets and dimes. He plays like a shooting guard right now.

I have to see his floor game first. But he does lose the ball 1v1 around the 1:00 mark. So I'm thinking sg.

Keshon Gilbert is a point guard.

McCabe/Gilbert/Coleman

I am not sure what order they will start or play but those are the point guards.

12 minutes ago, utenation said:

I think you guys should be more worried about your record against Nevada, BSU, CSU, USU, SDSU and even powerhouse Montana State. 

You guys have a lot of work to do to get to national championship levels you guys are chirping about. A 180 net rating isn't so hot.

UNLV's record against:

UNR:  50-27

BSU: 13-13

CSU: 41-19

USU: 34-11

SDSU: 35-35

UNLV could forfeit 20 games in a row against UNR, USU, and CSU peasants and they still wouldn't catch up. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 minutes ago, qwelish said:

If they don't run Nuga at pg or sign another pg, then I could see him playing spot minutes.

They could also elect to run Blake or one of the sg at pg.

We will see.

if we got Blake running the point again next year we have BIG problems 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

UNLV's record against:

UNLV could forfeit 20 games in a row against UNR, USU, and CSU peasants and they still wouldn't catch up. 

Wait... Didn't you just tell me you're only as good as your last game? Hmmmm. 

Just now, Rebels18 said:

DON'T USE MY WORDS AGAINST ME

You're good.  What I'm really looking for is a UNLV resume worthy of the B12 from Rob as he claimed. After that we can look closer at the final 4 run in the next few years claim. 

I've been patient. I just figured Rob was getting all the data in order. 

13 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

UNLV's record against:

Check head to head for the past 30 years.

8 minutes ago, packNV said:

Check head to head for the past 30 years.

23-23 but that is irrelevant. Head-to-head record is head-to-head record. It's OVERALL that counts. Using a convenient time frame to skew it in your favor is SMALL PP energy.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Nobody is arguing that the Rebel teams in the 70's and 80's weren't great teams.  Pick any time frame in the last 30 years and the results are the same.  UNLV has not been a better basketball school for 30 years and those are the facts.

13 minutes ago, packNV said:

Nobody is arguing that the Rebel teams in the 70's and 80's weren't great teams.  Pick any time frame in the last 30 years and the results are the same.  UNLV has not been a better basketball school for 30 years and those are the facts.

One thing we know for sure, when it comes to slicing and dicing stats to make their team seem relevant, many of their fans are experts with a Ginsu knife. 

NSFW - Happy 420!!! come on in and get your buzz on. | Page 1954 | Radio  Gunk