Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

1 hour ago, RebelTexan said:

Guess Tyler Bishoff was on to something earlier after all.

https://theoffensive.vegas/2021/04/24/report-arthur-kaluma-is-not-coming-to-unlv/

I'll repeat, the writing should've been on the wall with the Sun article from several days ago.  Staff tried to hard to re-recruit him, but in the end he wasn't interested.   They've swung and missed on several so far.  

Knowing what we know now, was Kruger the right man?

If Kruger is like Bobby Knights kid, UNLV will be LAMAR in a few years.

IMO, the Rebel Sharks should’ve hired Tarks kid. At least with Tarks boy, you get one last poke at saying Tark is the coach.

A0E3E4BF-CBCE-4411-8E5C-95A9E431A61F.jpeg

3mxsBs3.jpg

13 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

I'll repeat, the writing should've been on the wall with the Sun article from several days ago.  Staff tried to hard to re-recruit him, but in the end he wasn't interested.   They've swung and missed on several so far.  

Thanks Ernie.  Heard the same thing from another source that a couple players they thought they had no problem, said no thanks after all.  Hearing from you, now I know it's true.  The excitement of having Lon in Vegas and his right hand man on KK's staff is already worn off.  They will be a far more long, athletic team next year.  That should translate well to the defensive end of the floor.   Them missing on a couple top scorers they thought they were getting really sucks.

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

IMO, the Rebel Sharks should’ve hired Tarks kid. At least with Tarks boy, you get one last poke at saying Tark is the coach.

Shit, UNLV already is Lamar.

19 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

You want guys who want to be at UNLV and have a passion for the town, school and program.  If they don’t, we aren’t interested in guys who are going to leave in a year anyways.

winning cures everything.  If a school like Gonzaga can be #1, anyone can.  Winning cures all ills.  Kruger has to win and win now.  

22 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

Ernie, are you hearing anything on the possibility that Hamilton, Diong, or Wood return to the program?  

4 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

Whoever got the job was going to have the same issues unless they just started buying players (which I would prefer) but UNLV likely won’t let happen (removed the last few who did it and didn’t win).

so if we are playing it straight, it is going to be a slow rebuild where only winning will help us land better players.  Kruger has to win more games every year and get better players every year.  I like the quick fix and with the transfer portal it was possible if you are willing to play the game.  Kruger wants to do it his way so we will have to be patient.  Sometimes it is more fun doing it this way and watching a powerhouse be built the right way.

we will see.  We are going to win because I am tired of losing.  Kruger is going to get it done!

1 minute ago, qwelish said:

A little gloom and doom here already? 

The staff has barely hit the ground running. There's still a ton of good jc, lower d1 and high major guys to get.

Nah, I just think the coaches should chill a little with the side eyes and cryptic messaging. 

Just now, FredHaygood said:

Can still rebound with Bryce Thompson, Emanuel Miller, and Langston Wilson but as of right now it's not looking good for them either

I'm not sure they land any more heavy hitters this off-season. 

Based on offer activity it looks like the staff has shifted most of its focus to 2022-23.