Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

3 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

You must be a complete idiot.  Khem Birch was a McDonalds All American the best center coming out of High School and one of the Top 15 players in the country!  Yeah I am not going to play him.  Get your head out of your @$$.  An elite athlete who transfers from Pitt and is compared to Kenyon Martin!  Are you dumb?

So now you are reframing the argument. According to you, we should not have anyone on the team that cannot do well against Air Force. Now it’s been changed to it’s ok to do poorly against Air Force as long as you are highly touted, ranked etc.  Beas Hamga would’ve loved to play under you. Hilarious. 

10 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I want the team to improve, this isn’t how you do it.  This guy is a project who takes up a spot and you hope he can be serviceable of the studs have foul problems or somebody gets injured.  This kid ain’t a McDonalds All American and he isn’t going #1 in the draft.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Team is already much improved, how can you not see that? Hilarious. 

11 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

So now you are reframing the argument. According to you, we should not have anyone on the team that cannot do well against Air Force. Now it’s been changed to it’s ok to do poorly against Air Force as long as you are highly touted, ranked etc.  Beas Hamga would’ve loved to play under you. Hilarious. 

Team is already much improved, how can you not see that? Hilarious. 

Who did poorly against Air Force other than your dream recruit from Lamar?  Our new stud center who got 1 point in 38 minutes.

I don't like soft foreign players who are projects in the Southland Conference.

I never said the team wasn't improved.  All I have said is that this guy Muoka belongs in the 10-13 slot in the rotation and for some reason that has everyone on this board up in arms.  How dare I say that a Southland recruit is not the best player in the world.  Well, he isn't.

If he sees the court we are in deep trouble.  That has nothing to do with the rest of the team, just him.

I can understand being excited about a new player to the team, but this guy is not the one to jump for joy over.  He is no McDonalds All American, he just eats at McDonalds in Lamar Texas.

48 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Who did poorly against Air Force

Would you keep either of these guys with this stat line vs Air Force? 

0 points, 1 rebound 24 minutes. 

or 

2 points, 8 rebounds 35 minutes. 

You would send these guys packing wouldn’t you? 

22 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Would you keep either of these guys with this stat line vs Air Force? 

0 points, 1 rebound 24 minutes. 

or 

2 points, 8 rebounds 35 minutes. 

You would send these guys packing wouldn’t you? 

The one who transferred from the Southland Conference.  :D

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

You must be a complete idiot.  Khem Birch was a McDonalds All American the best center coming out of High School and one of the Top 15 players in the country!  Yeah I am not going to play him.  Get your head out of your @$$.  An elite athlete who transfers from Pitt and is compared to Kenyon Martin!  Are you dumb?

Putting this Muoka nobody in the same sentences with NBA Lottery picks and McDonalds All Americans is utterly ridiculous.  The guy is a project at Lamar, at UNLV he rides the pine unless someone is in foul trouble or we are up 50 on Air Force.  If this bum plays at UNLV we won’t win 15 games.  He is no Khem Birch or Anthony Bennett or Larry Johnson who you will probably compare him against next!

He is trash end of the bench fill a spot from 10-13 on the roster.  Looks good in the team photo because he is tall.

I want the team to improve, this isn’t how you do it.  This guy is a project who takes up a spot and you hope he can be serviceable if the studs have foul problems or somebody gets injured.  This kid ain’t a McDonalds All American and he isn’t going #1 in the draft.  Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

He is not good.  If he sees the court we won’t win 15 games.  Pray that he is a practice player who never gets in a game, if he does we better be up 20+ or we are in deep trouble.  Southland MVP is MWC water boy of the year!

Not saying he is Joel Anthony, but Joel couldn't walk a chew gum when he got to UNLV. He has a niche in shot blocking. If he can play defense and rebound he will find some playing time.

13 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

Not saying he is Joel Anthony, but Joel couldn't walk a chew gum when he got to UNLV. He has a niche in shot blocking. If he can play defense and rebound he will find some playing time.

A two-star prospect.  Enough said.  Hope he enjoys his Big Mac.

37 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Would you boot either player after those games against Air Force? 

You are acting ridiculous now.  I only used Air Force as an example because they are in our conference and we play them.  His entire two year career at Lamar was a complete disaster and shows he was nothing more than a two star project.

The guy was terrible for two years on a miserable team.  Even his highlights show him jogging down court and not going 100%.  He is a two star project who has no business being on the court at UNLV unless we are up 40+ points or down to only five players left eligible to play at which point it would be in our best interests to forfeit.

Your Southland SuperStar is not enticing for me.  I am sure he is a nice kid who tries hard and will be great in practice.  It is good to have depth at the 10-13 spot with 6’10” guys who can come in for a couple minutes to give you some cheap fouls.

Good luck to him.  I hope to see him when we are up 50 vs Air Force so he can show his Southland Skills!  I will cheer for him like I did for Emerzian, 1 point gets a standing ovation!!!  Hope it doesn’t take him 38 mins to do it.

Muoka shot 45.2% from the free-throw line.  FREE THROW with nobody guarding you and he can’t even make half of them.

I have nothing to add except that there is a little known codicil to the Mountain West Conference board constitution that every thread about University of Never Lots of Victories basketball can't end until it reaches 100 posts.

So hear ye, hear ye Rebels! Never - never, ever - say that I haven't contributed my share to UNLV basketball greatness.

I like rebel roberts takes.  But this kid can can protect the rim and rebound, with diong gone, he is going to have to get some burn though.  Never thought air force would be the barometer for comparing are top gets and a number one over all pick.  We have size everywhere now, but this kid will get some lobs from Jordan and easy put backs.  I don't think this is a favor from Chappel,  probably going to be surprised by this kid.  He is the only one we have taken from a smaller conference, so they must see something in him.

Also might be a place holder till next year.

3 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

I have nothing to add except that there is a little known codicil to the Mountain West Conference board constitution that every thread about University of Never Lots of Victories basketball can't end until it reaches 100 posts.

So hear ye, hear ye Rebels! Never - never, ever - say that I haven't contributed my share to UNLV basketball greatness.

75% there.

1 minute ago, vegasmdr said:

I like rebel roberts takes.  But this kid can can protect the rim and rebound, with diong gone, he is going to have to get some burn though.  Never thought air force would be the barometer for comparing are top gets and a number one over all pick.  We have size everywhere now, but this kid will get some lobs from Jordan and easy put backs.  I don't think this is a favor from Chappel,  probably going to be surprised by this kid.  He is the only one we have taken from a smaller conference, so they must see something in him.

He had offers from PITT and VA TECH as well, so they obviously saw something as well.

4 minutes ago, vegasmdr said:

Hope you are right and that KK didn’t make a mistake hiring a guy who just got fired from Lamar and brought us a two star project as the so called “most accomplished of five players UNLV has landed via the transfer portal this offseason”

I want to believe this kid is Shaq and his 45.2% free throw shooting does remind me of him but I have a funny feeling this guy doesn’t belong at this level as anything other than a 10-13 end of the bench backup.

No he definitely is the least accomplished of the players we have brought in.  KK is cleaning house though and I don't think he's throwing out the trash just to bring some in the back door.  I don't remember any kids coming from lower conferences helping us, Doolin was garbage, but maybe this kid is the exception to the rule.  Who knows.

2 minutes ago, vegasmdr said:

No he definitely is the least accomplished of the players we have brought in.  KK is cleaning house though and I don't think he's throwing out the trash just to bring some in the back door.  I don't remember any kids coming from lower conferences helping us, Doolin was garbage, but maybe this kid is the exception to the rule.  Who knows.

Not according to the LV Sun.  He is our most accomplished.

I have my doubts but we will see.  I will be the happiest person around if this kid is a lottery pick!

18 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

He had offers from PITT and VA TECH as well, so they obviously saw something as well.

lol 

RR: this kid is a bum!

UNLV fan: he’s got size and was DPOY in the southland. Could be a good get. 

RR: he sucks! He only got 1-2 points against Air Force in 30 minutes of play. 

Unlv fan: so did these other UNLV players that were real good in their day, Air Force plays a different system. 

RR: doesn’t matter, we should be recruiting at a higher level, P5 guys, not southland bums! 

Unlv fan: Virginia tech and Pitt offered him. 

RR: Doesn’t matter! He will probably to sit on the bench because that’s what big programs do. 

Nobody is saying he’s the next Kevin Garnett or anything remotely close. We had zero size, zero athletic ability outside of 1-2 guys, no bench, no defense etc but funny watching Robert turn into a pretzel trying to make his point. 

Yeah I think they said that cause he was defensive player of the year and the other kids are 2-3 point a game kids from the big 12.  They forget Moser and Jasper were 2-3 point kids from power conferences who came here and put up 15 a game.  Plus their writers suck and don't have a clue.