Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

1 hour ago, nvspuds said:

Not that all this isn't witty and fascinating, but on the subject at hand, I think UNLV has done a very nice job so far in the transfer market.  This is a whole different type of vibe than what Otz was doing..

yes.  As crazy as this may sound, Kruger will stabilize things at UNLV right away.  Even with the mass defections, he will be able to get most of his team in place in year one.  There is cautious confidence in him.  With pop around advising him, KK will stop the bleeding and begin the turnaround.  

The "mass defection" isn't exactly what most people think.  There were a couple players kk tried to keep but most were told there was not a spot on the team for them.

He will field a team that is allot better this next year that what we have seen.  I don't think we will have top team in the MWC but we will be allot better than what we have been.  Hopefully he can improve the team each year to make us a top 25 team again but let's see what he does this year first.

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Muoka is an extra big body that can rebound.  Doubt he will be a starter.  Never hurts to have a 6'10" guy at your 10th man on the roster.

He won’t be the 10th man.  The dude is an elite shot blocker.  He will play at least 20 MPG just because of his ability to patrol the paint.

49 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

He won’t be the 10th man.  The dude is an elite shot blocker.  He will play at least 20 MPG just because of his ability to patrol the paint.

He played 38 minutes vs. Air Force (HORRIBLE AIR FORCE) and he got 1 point, 4 rebounds and 3 blocks.

He is not good.

He played 25 minutes vs. Final Four Houston.  He had 2 points, 2 rebounds and 0 blocks.

He is not good.

I don't care how he did against teams I never heard of.  He is the 10th man and will be perfect for that spot.

He is just a big body to fill space if needed.  If they plan for him to be anymore than that, we are doomed.

50 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

He played 38 minutes vs. Air Force (HORRIBLE AIR FORCE) and he got 1 point, 4 rebounds and 3 blocks.

He is not good.

He played 25 minutes vs. Final Four Houston.  He had 2 points, 2 rebounds and 0 blocks.

He is not good.

I don't care how he did against teams I never heard of.  He is the 10th man and will be perfect for that spot.

He is just a big body to fill space if needed.  If they plan for him to be anymore than that, we are doomed.

To his credit, Lamar is probably one of the shortest teams in the country. He was a lonely dude in the paint. He's only a Sophomore and it's impossible for him develop any worse than M'backe "Hands of Stone" Diong  offensively. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

To his credit, Lamar is probably one of the shortest teams in the country. He was a lonely dude in the paint. He's only a Sophomore and it's impossible for him develop any worse than M'backe "Hands of Stone" Diong  offensively. 

Yeah I don't hate him I just think we have to be honest about what is role is going to be.  He has three years left, he is 6'10" inches tall and fairly athletic.  Looks similiar to what Ding Dong looked like in his sophomore year.  You have 13 scholarships and somebody has to be #10 through #13.  That is where I project this kid belongs.  Can he improve.  Sure why not.  But even Ding Dong lit up Air Force.  This kid didn't.  He is our 10th man if we are going to win 20+ games.

38 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

He is not good.

He is not good.

3 blocks is not good. It's great. Everybody cant score, Rob. 

Somebody's got to hit the glass, defend and get on the ground.

7 minutes ago, qwelish said:

3 blocks is not good. It's great. Everybody cant score, Rob. 

Somebody's got to hit the glass, defend and get on the ground.

Not in 38 minutes of a garbage blowout game when you do nothing else.  He is basically replacing Ding Dong and he is not as good.

Ding Dong #'s vs. Air Force

25 mins, 16 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block

36 mins, 8 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks

26 mins, 16 points, 2 rebounds, 0 blocks

Muoka is a big body, only a sophomore and may improve.  As of right now he is our 10th man.  Anything more than that and we won't win 15 games.

We are trying to get better, not worse.  This guy is not a starter and if he is, we suck.  KEEP RECRUITING