Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

9 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Jalen Pickett

Timmy Allen

Matt Bradley

Jaelen House

Mike Saunders Jr

Won't balk at that either.

I just think McCabe is a much better player than the consensus on this board. 

The best pgs are not always the best athletes.

Not sure if he starts. I think he does. But I'm pretty sure he plays a lot and finishes games. 

He's the same type and caliber of player as KK himself. Floor generals. A point guards point guard.

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Jalen Pickett looks solid, but I worry him being able to translate.  He’s an average athlete at best.

Every player does not have to be a great athlete. 

There's a cerebral element to the game as well.

44 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Not sure if he starts. I think he does. But I'm pretty sure he plays a lot and finishes games. 

He's the same type and caliber of player as KK himself. Floor generals. A point guards point guard.

I like his style and if Huggs had him you know he will be tough.  If he is our starter we will be much better than we have been with walkons and Forwards playing the point.  People are saying good things about Gilbert so maybe he can play right away? 

Watch McCabe's youtube videos with his girlfriend and he has a podcast.

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I like his style and if Huggs had him you know he will be tough.  If he is our starter we will be much better than we have been with walkons and Forwards playing the point.  People are saying good things about Gilbert so maybe he can play right away?

I'd love that. I just don't have much faith in totz eye for talent.

I trust KK with backcourt players, though.

7 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Gotta have a TRUE point guard

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

11 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Anybody else we want off Cincy besides for Saunders?  Jeremiah Davenport or Tari Eason maybe?

https://gobearcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

If Davenport doesn't stick around, he might be heading UCSB's way along with Zach Harvey.  

9 minutes ago, qwelish said:

No ucsb thread, eh? :hijack:

On occasion UCSB and UNLV might be pursuing the same players in the portal. No need for a separate thread.

If we don't get Davenport, there will be others.

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

Still have like four spots to fill, maybe more.  Kruger knows what we need.  He will get scorers.

I hope he does. If Kruger can bring in some guys who can get buckets, I'll start feeling alot better about next year.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

We will get a few easy buckets a game off defense.

That is probably true.  Plus a few easy buckets cleaning up the boards.  At the end of the day, though, we have to have guys who can create offense.  We don't have anyone like that on the roster right now.

4 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

9528157_web1_bkc-unlv_111117cs_026.jpg

I'd welcome Hardy back. Would be a very nice addition and should be good for 15+ a night.

9 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

I'd welcome Hardy back. Would be a very nice addition and should be good for 15+ a night.

I would love to have Hardy back with some talent around him!  Doubt it would happen but he is a Rebel and I would want him back if he still wanted to play College.

He might be ready to move on with his life now though.  Never hurts to ask, can't say yes if you don't ask.  Kevin should make the new assistant call.

8 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I would love to have Hardy back with some talent around him!  Doubt it would happen but he is a Rebel and I would want him back if he still wanted to play College.

He might be ready to move on with his life now though.  Never hurts to ask, can't say yes if you don't ask.  Kevin should make the new assistant call.

Which one 😂?

4 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Bryce Hamilton is a one-dimensional scorer.  He was a LOUSY defender.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nick Blake will be a better player than Bryce Hamilton next year.  He has more size, speed, athleticism, shooting, passing, defending, etc.

his wing span is gonna be key for getting shots off and quick lay ups,

y'all move on from hardy