Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV Men's Basketball Off-Season Thread !!!

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

I am pretty sure that Hamilton has 50 offers if he wants them and that Jenkins has quite a few as well.

Think Utah is trying to steal those two?

tbh they probably have choices, I wonder if Jenkins goes to his home state? Portland just got a new coach as well, they have a nice team and should be good next year.

Bryce Hamilton is a one-dimensional scorer.  He was a LOUSY defender.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nick Blake will be a better player than Bryce Hamilton next year.  He has more size, speed, athleticism, shooting, passing, defending, etc.

21 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I am pretty sure that Hamilton has 50 offers if he wants them and that Jenkins has quite a few as well.

Pretty sure he meant out of HS.

To me that, along with the poaching and players success at other programs, are a testament to the previous staffs ability to identify, target and land under the radar, high major prospects.

It also shows how stacked ou and tx rosters were that they sat these players in favor of others. At least two are underclassmen and maybe we're in line for those minutes, but with their coaches leaving looked to solidify minutes on their own.

18 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4592304/donovan-williams

Stats are underwhelming.  However, based on watching the video, he can improve as a shooter.  He has a good shooting form and shot 77% from the free throw line at Texas.

30 ft attempts over entire career. Probably not a meaningful statistic.

28 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Bryce Hamilton is a one-dimensional scorer.  He was a LOUSY defender.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Nick Blake will be a better player than Bryce Hamilton next year.  He has more size, speed, athleticism, shooting, passing, defending, etc.

IF THEY DONT WANT TO BE AT UNLV THEN F*CK EM

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

35 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

This says it all too:

image.png.f8f269e8fada1bce3a7f045068fa7d20.png

32 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

The brilliant, good-looking and clever Twitter user that posted that should have clarified that it was referring to P5 offers coming out out high school or JUCO (Del Cadia's case) and not transfer offers;  it was clarified later in the thread.

18 minutes ago, qwelish said:

30 ft attempts over entire career. Probably not a meaningful statistic.

I’m looking at the shooting form, and his numbers should be higher.  With work and good coaching, he can be a 35% three point shooter.

9 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m looking at the shooting form, and his numbers should be higher.  With work and good coaching, he can be a 35% three point shooter.

Odd to pick such an exact number, but ok. Could be said for just about any player.

I like his length and his bounce. Plus shooter he'd be dangerous. 

2 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Odd to pick such an exact number, but ok. Could be said for just about any player.

I like his length and his bounce. Plus shooter he'd be dangerous. 

Not really.  Bryce Hamilton has terrible shooting form.  Just like Justin Bean at Utah State.

3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Starting five as of now?

PG - Jordan McCabe/Keshon Gilbert

SG - Donovan Williams/Nick Blake

F - Arthur Kaluma/Jalen Hill

F - Royce Hamm/Iwuakor

C - Brady Manek/Ding Dong

2021 MWC Champs! 

3 hours ago, PlayersinVegas said:

The difference in players KK is picking up vs TJO is 😦😧😦😧 I know the transfer portal is a commadey with the unique situation this year but he's grabbing real athletes. 

Yeah, I don’t know why but TJO is laser focused on getting players with one attribute, shooting. Doesn’t matter if they are slow or what. That’s what they like in the Midwest. 

I think a lot of the credit goes to Carlin Hartman, who may be the most important/best assistant UNLV has had since Grg.

Hartman is extremely well regarded in Big12 circles, and if not for Lon retiring, obviously we don’t see some of these guys. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more guys that are absolute bulldogs from P5 schools being added. Really hoping Jalen Hill comes back. There’s a lot of possibilities here.

Sucks to see Hamilton go, he really did everything right and didn’t complain through numerous coaching changes, he’ll find the right situation for himself. 

Next year could be a fun scrappy team to watch. 

16 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Not really.  Bryce Hamilton has terrible shooting form.  Just like Justin Bean at Utah State.

33 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I’m looking at the shooting form, and his numbers should be higher.  

Well you referenced shooting form, not me. 

35 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

With work and good coaching, he can be a 35% three point shooter

This can be said of any player.

42 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

2021 MWC Champs! 

3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Starting five as of now?

PG - Jordan McCabe/Keshon Gilbert

SG - Donovan Williams/Nick Blake

F - Arthur Kaluma/Jalen Hill

F - Royce Hamm/Iwuakor

C - Brady Manek/Ding Dong

Already shaping up to be the most athletic team in the MWC..... Which isn't saying much because we've already seen what happens when a top-tier MWC team faces a team with upper-tier athleticism:

image.png.be4c09436dc1f6e0dd6a02e59ff76e4a.png

just absolutely dick whipped 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

I like the upgrade in athleticism Kruger is bringing in.  These new guys should all be more athletic than the players they are replacing.  With that said, where is the offense coming from?  We had problems scoring last year, we have lost our three top scorers, and we're not exactly replacing them with offensive juggernauts.  We may need to win games in the 50s.

Just now, HoosierRebel said:

I like the upgrade in athleticism Kruger is bringing in.  These new guys should all be more athletic than the players they are replacing.  With that said, where is the offense coming from?  We had problems scoring last year, we have lost our three top scorers, and we're not exactly replacing them with offensive juggernauts.  We may need to win games in the 50s.

Still have like four spots to fill, maybe more.  Kruger knows what we need.  He will get scorers.